Why so much DIRT hate?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No need for a 112....this is my small cab - 45 lbs, 12x29x18

51V0WExqN-L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I have heard people complain of no difference between Lo and Hi in terms of gain.
That does jot sound right to me, Hi sounded gainier than Lo to me. :lol:

Vintage Hi has WAY more gain. It is so obvious when playing since Vintage Low is incredibly dynamic. I know some amps are even more dynamic but when coming from a Recto, everything that isn't compressed feels crazy to play!

I find that vintage low clips nicely and is a little more polite whereas Vintage Hi feels like the distortion is bottled up like a sixteen year old male, just waiting to explode!!!

papersoul said:
I have heard people complain of no difference between Lo and Hi in terms of gain.
That does jot sound right to me, Hi sounded gainier than Lo to me. :lol:

If you run the gain below 12:00 things can get similar, but when higher (2:00) Vintage hi does have loads more. Vintage high also has extra gain stages.

As Screamingdaisy said, you should think more of vintage lo and hi as separate heads rather than one being an extension of the other.

On speakers guys, my THD which is my small cab will have WGS Vet30/ET65 speakers. Love these! Alternatively I am tempted to buy a used V30 and Mesa C90. Thoughts? I personally don't like high wattage speakers and the 90 to me is a bit stiff.

I agree bro! So, you tried that combo? By the way, the WGS Invaders in my Stone Age sound magical. :)

Back