Why so expensive?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dodger916 said:
Mk IV B wide combo
Mk IIC 60 watt export eq/rev Imbuya combo
Mk IIC+ loaded simul export head

Well said, and coming from someone who ownes both, I trust your word. 8)

ok...FIRST, some people are just nuts or can't read....My post sais I WILL NOT PAY 3500$ for an amp that sounds like a 700$ Fender deluxe reverbe, REFERING to the bootique amps, NOT to a Mesa amps, my god people, we're talking about amps, not your children..LOL..

at GTS..learn to read, THEN open your mouth... :twisted:

al3d said:
Since i'm fairly new to the whole Boogie community, i was wondering why some models are so expensive?...i look at the classified and i see a MKII for 2700$, i mean it's a 1983, you can get a early MKIII for what!...1000$? So what's so special about the MKII...appart from been old naturally.

Based on the way you started the post you can forgive some for misreading your intent, although all along I believe you were just stirring the pot.

Yeah, just ask 'em. By the way, none of the amps I mentioned sound like a Deluxe Reverb so take off you froser. Just kiddin'.

To answer your question more fully..................

The IIC+ costs what it does because of more than one reason.

#1 It does sound freakin good.

#2 They didnt make many of them before they switched to the Mark III

Does it make the C+ superior? No. There are many good sounding amps out there, some that there are a lot of and some that there arent. Usually the ones there aint many of are talked about more and bring more money.

I'm not cuttting the C+ plus in any way. Indeed they are dang good sounding amps. In comparison had Boogie only made 50 Mark III's they would be 50 grand each and we would be talking about them instead of IIC+'s.

I owned a Mark IIC+ when they came out and sold it later on in the 90's.

If you want that extra 10 percent of good tone get one. If you want great Boogie tone that is very similar get a Mark III, if you cant offord a IIC+.

I would absolutely love to have a C+ right now myself. I cant see with a Wife and Kids how I would spend that kind of money right now.

I am however looking for a great deal on a DC-5 Combo to have an additional Boogie tone to go for and may get another Boogie aforin its over with. Maybe have a second Mark III and maybe a coll original Mark I.

Back