Who else Saw this on ebay???

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnS77

Reaction score
Is this for real?? I feel like it cant be. No offense if its one of the guys' on the forum

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mesa-Boogie-Mark-I-Snakeskin-Combo-The-First-One-/271187028415?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f2401a9bf

Me personally, I would never pay that much for it, and most likely wouldn't pay that much for any amp. However, if you look at other collectible amps such as old rare Marshalls which I've seen priced as high as $31,000.00, maybe $9k doesn't seem like so much for such a rare Mesa?

If I were a rich man, deedle deedle deedle...............................

All original or no, i'd sell every asset to my name if i thought i was worth anywhere near that much, and then i could live under a box with my precious mark 1 number 1. Just me and good ol' Onnie against the world...aaahh, now that'd be the life. :)

Yes, many of us have seen this posting and as noted above, it does not appear to be all original and is a little pricey.

As an observation, and please confirm whether others have noticed this as well: Our Mesa amplifiers (all of them) are fine instruments that hold their value over time. However, lately it seems that many of the ads on ebay and Craigslist are listing all Mesa amps at prices that are way in excess of what would normally be expected for a given model. Yes, there is a premium on MK IIc and IIc+ but that is to be expected but I am seeing this on every model across the board. Is anyone else observing this or have any insight about why? Current economic conditions across the country do not support such increases and/ or premiums, yet the high priced advertising continues.

I haven't watched eBay price in a long time so I'm not exactly sure how much of an increase you're talking, but typically when there's an increase in price on new Mesas there's an increase in price on the used ones too.

Latest posts

Back