Which cab for Roadster?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

barneyc4

Reaction score
I just got a Roadster head.

I need a 2x12 cab.

I can't decide wether to get the Roadster or Rectifier horizontal 2x12.

I'm into Alter Bridge/ Mark Tremonti so I'm looking for very nice cleans and thick and big sounding distortion.

help decide please

Get a Mills Acoustics 2x12.

www.millsacoustics.com

It's not much more than a Mesa 2x12 new, and it blows it out of the water. Substantially. Sounds bigger, without ANY mudd (and I'm sooo serious about this), which is VERY important for the Roadster, as it is a little darker than the standard rectifier. Mesa cabs, in comparison, are thin, compressed, and muddy IMO.

Talk to Mills, and let him know that Eric from the Endless Endeavor sent you. He'll hook you up!

Eric

I dig my Recto 2x12.

But do a search, there have been many threads on this topic already.

good luck with your search.

I used to use a Mesa 3/4 back 1x12 with my Roadster and it sounded killer. I bet a 2x12 3/4 back would sound awesome as well. I made a video when I had the Roadster and just recently uploaded it to YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vp8s9rF1hSI&feature=channel_page

ibanez4life SZ! said:
Get a Mills Acoustics 2x12.

http://www.millsacoustics.com

It's not much more than a Mesa 2x12 new, and it blows it out of the water. Substantially. Sounds bigger, without ANY mudd (and I'm sooo serious about this), which is VERY important for the Roadster, as it is a little darker than the standard rectifier. Mesa cabs, in comparison, are thin, compressed, and muddy IMO.

Talk to Mills, and let him know that Eric from the Endless Endeavor sent you. He'll hook you up!

Eric

You know, I built a Thiele 2 x 12 with a dividing wall in the center and it really clears up a lot of mud and sounds HUGE!! I know that cabs that are smaller than a 4 x 12 typically don't have the same huge low end or the girth but if my experience is any indication, a bit of innovation goes a long way in improving these 'weaknesses'. The obvious strength of a 2 x 12 is the fact that it tracks so much faster and the low end doesn't get flubby. Based on my experience with my own 2 x 12, I would gather that the Mills cab is amazing and if I needed a new cab, I'd totally try one for sure.

I own two Mills cabs....I sold ALL my other cabs, and I had a few. They really are THAT much better. Even my father, who decided to come down to a show when I first got it, noticed the difference right away. And he doesn't know ANYTHING about guitar tone, etc.

Eric

ibanez4life SZ! said:
I own two Mills cabs....I sold ALL my other cabs, and I had a few. They really are THAT much better. Even my father, who decided to come down to a show when I first got it, noticed the difference right away. And he doesn't know ANYTHING about guitar tone, etc.

Eric

Are those 2x12 or 4x12 cabs?

ibanez4life SZ! said:

Eric

+1

Join the cult :wink:

Latest posts

Back