Where's the "extra tube holder" on a Mark III?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bloodspoint

Reaction score
The Mark III manual mentions an extra tube in a holder. Obviously any extra tube that came in my Mk. IIi is long gone, but I'm curious where the holder was supposed to be. I've never seen one, even in pictures.

Thanks,

Sean

Here the picture as promised. I hope this helps...

sparetube.jpg

Thanks for the pic! I do not have one of those. There is the tiniest hint of a screw hole there, though. I wasn't hoping to find a tube, but I was hoping the holder was still there. Seems like a good idea. Maybe I'll see if I can find something similar to put in.

bloodspoint said:
Thanks for the pic! I do not have one of those. There is the tiniest hint of a screw hole there, though. I wasn't hoping to find a tube, but I was hoping the holder was still there. Seems like a good idea. Maybe I'll see if I can find something similar to put in.
You are welcome. It WAS a lot of work to dig out the van and take it, I tell you , there is no better place in the world for Boogie news/help and it is an honor to do something to help my fellow musicians as I have been helped so many times. :)

I'll bet you can buy it from them. They are very easy to deal with. Feel free to use the answering machine if you get it. They WILL call you back!

I remember how ecstatic I was when I found that my Mark IV had a spare tube hidden there. I had just retubed it but didn't realize there were 5 preamp tubes and so i missed the reverb tube. The spare tube allowed me to swap the reverb tube out after I started getting some heinous static one day at practice. I about freaked when I first heard it, but when I got home I found the tube and finally chilled out after replacing the bad tube I missed... Long story I know, but what a cool idea to have a spare tube spot!

Latest posts

Back