What's your recording setup?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This board is fun. Here's my set-up for now. This thing changes every 6-8 months. I'll won't list everything I use because that would take some time to recall. THTH, that's a nice Otari BTW. Need to get one in the future. A bunch of this stuff is courtesy of my label.

At my studio space...
Prac.jpg

This is my mix station...
HWS.jpg

digi said:
PC Laptop. Pentium M 1.7 GHz. 2GB RAM
PreSonus FireBox
beyerdynamics DT 770 Headphones
WD 250GB External HDD
Pro Tools LE 7.3

I thought only digidesign and some M-audio
interfaces worked with Pro Tools.
Do you use a different interface or can you record in pro tools with the Firebox?

Control Room. We use the ADAT for tracking drums and scratch parts...then import to ProToolsLE for final tracking and overdubs. I do final mixes in my attic at home which has MUCH better acoustics.

mixpos.jpg

Live/Practice Room. It ain't perfect but at least it's (mostly) sound proof so we don't have the law as a 6th band member!

rm2.jpg

diek said:
This board is fun. Here's my set-up for now. This thing changes every 6-8 months. I'll won't list everything I use because that would take some time to recall. THTH, that's a nice Otari BTW. Need to get one in the future. A bunch of this stuff is courtesy of my label.

At my studio space...
Prac.jpg

HWS.jpg

Dude... you need to reverse your speakers so the tweeters are on the "inside"!! Check out pages 20 & 21 in the following Alesis manual:

http://www.alesis.com/stuff/content...18b/file/m1active_mkii___reference_manual.pdf

^^Yup... monitors look pretty poorly placed in general, I don't know about the Alesis's, but the KRK's should be sitting upright.

Here's my space... Not as much gear as a lot of folks, but it's what I need at the moment.

monitoringef8.jpg

backwallqb4.jpg

keyboardtm8.jpg

at home i use a rocktron VooduValve preamp into my Mindprint TRIO and record with Samplitude 10.
sometime i use my old marshall lead12 via lineout into a plamer di-box instead of the VooduValve.
at my rehearsal room i use different mics running into a behringer MX8000, via Direct Out into my M-Audio Delta 1010LTs and record with Samplitude 10 as well.

DeFrag said:
diek said:

At my studio space...
Prac.jpg

HWS.jpg

Dude... you need to reverse your speakers so the tweeters are on the "inside"!! Check out pages 20 & 21 in the following Alesis manual:

http://www.alesis.com/stuff/content...18b/file/m1active_mkii___reference_manual.pdf

Looks like the kids got a hold of the dome on that one Alesis!

If you look more carefully, those Alesis are not Mk1 Active. They are Monitor 2 passives and placing the tweeters to the outside is fine in a horizontal position. I have found the same to be true for the KRK's. They have defiencies in general and I use them to double check certain frequenices when I'm doing mix work at home. Placing them upright doesn't improve their imaging or depth of stage. Like I said, nothing is permanent in my set up and I move the speakers around and re orient them sometime. Life isn't static... only the picture. I don't think any professional would use them as final mix speakers as they are good for editing mixes, comping mixes, and roughing. If you notice, my apartment isn't treated for final mixing. So, are they poorly oriented?...Not for what I'm using them for.

Apple computer running Logic studio
Presonus firepod
whatever mic is feeling it (condensor or sm57)
stilleto traditional
into my rig...

my setup

digi 003 console pt le 7.3
art mpa gold mic pre
universal audio 1176 ln
krk rp6g2 and yamaha msp5
cascade fat head
m audio sputnik
ev re20
m audio pulsar 2 pair
alesis am61
shure sm57

DIGI 002 Rack
Focusrite TwinTrak Pro Preamp
Tannoy Active 8's monitors
eMac computer.....can't wait to get a new computer but it gets the job done!
M-audio midi keyboard
Audio Technica 4047's
SM 57's
Sure Beta 52
Waves Gold Bundle with Renn Maxx Upgrade

Various drums, guitars and amps

OK - here's my junk:

Monitors:
Genelec 1030's w 7050 sub
Yamaha NS-10's

Micpres:
Focusrite ISA430 Mk 1
Vintage Design M73D
TLAudio PA-1

Mics:
Peluso 2247 LE
Sontronics Helios (mainly a "demo" mic)
2 x Shure SM57's :)
A sE "Reflexion Filter" for additional tracking in monitor-room.

System:
Pro Tools HD 7.4 w 192 interface
Command 8
Mac Pro

Plugins:
Only REAL, legal licenses and no stolen BS :)
Digidesign/Bomb Factory
Waves
McDsp
+ a lot of others ;)

CJ

Some old mics (sennheiser md-421)
M-audio profire 2626
Cubase essential 4
Macbook pro

I just bought a budget recording rig today for myself. Something very basic.

Shure SM-57
Sennheiser HD280 Pro headphones
Presonus Firebox interface w. Cubase 4 LE (which irritates me because I can't export to mp3. >.> Lame. )
Livewire mic cable
DR Pro heavy duty mic stand w. boom

Before this my enitre recording setup was a cheap PC mic. lol

**** man that pics blow my mind..

my recording set up is

Emu 1616
Shure 57/58<<voice
PRS CU22
Gibson Les Paul
Roland T6 through Superior 2
Cubase SX3
Home computer (no Mac)
and every VST plugin that i like

i am poor guy :cry:

Mine's simple as ****, but sounds good.

I go from the XLR outputs on my cab that retains the sound of the cab mic'ed with an SM57 into Mbox 2. That's it

My recording setup is in limbo :evil: Computer died, got new computer, now my M-Audio Firewire 410 won't recognize on my new computer. I have Pro Tools M-Powered (which won't work without an M-Audio device working) and Guitar Rig 3 for when I didn't feel like hooking up a mic. I guess my setup now will be an SM-57 going into my cheap on board audio card and Audacity. :mrgreen: I'll let ya know how that works out :roll:

Edit: Got it working! The computer ended up having 2 firewire cards, the one on the front doesn't seem to work at all.

Back