What's your favorite kind of strings and why?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, just read my old post on this post from 4 years ago. A little has changed since then. Happily endorsed with D'Addario now. Love their strings, and their artist relations are above top notch. WONDERFUL people to work with. I play 13-56's (EJ22) now as well. Sound like piano strings on my guitar, sustain and tone is perfect. Highly recommend their products to anyone who plays a stringed instrument.

-AJH

I got my first electric guitar in 1982 or 1983. I broke the high E, and brought the whole guitar into a local shop, not knowing what to do once the thing breaks :D

The guy sold me a set of D'Addario XL. I've used them ever since. I originally played 0.009s, but play XL110, XL110-7 and XL115 these days. I've pretty much never changed brand. They've never let me down.

I like dunlop strings. I just think overall they are the best sounding and most balanced string ive played and they really are smooth under the fingers.

D'Addario XL-120+ (9.5-44's)...love those gauges and I get great service out of the strings

Tried other gauges. Now 10-46 . I`m experimenting with Dean Markley Blue Steel(nickel plated) on my strat and Gibson Vintage Reissue( pure nickel wound) on my SG. Fun Starts tommorrow!

I used to play .11-.49 D'Addario's EXL115 but recently switched to the .10-.52 EXL140. Still D'Addario. A little easier on the bends and less flopping around when digging in up top.

Though I have been breaking more strings since the change ...

I use D'ADDs...EXL115w's .049/.011 with a wound 3rd..023. Good bendability, stay in tune,and the chords sound right with the wound 3rd. good sound too because they are not too slinky.

Back