Whats your favorite Boogie!!!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mark IV all the way don't even need an explanation. Can you tell my what is so good about the Roadking and what it's know for. Just curious.

The roadking is well,if you think about a digital amp moddler like a P.O.D

well the RK has all the capabilities to get a whole host of authentic sounds from the one amp due mostly to the fact you mix tube configs. together and select certain tubes for each channel

so for example you wanted a 50watt high headroom clean,dial up 2x6l6's and diode rectification
you wanted an extreme metal dist. load up the 4x6l6's and 2xel34's and a diode and you are there

its probably thee most versitile amp on the planet,

you can assign cabnets per channel as well,I aint gonna list everything head over to the mesa site

the new RK v2 has an improved lonestar clean as well so you are gettin one of the best clean sounds on top of all that

as I said there are too many things to consider with this head it really is a monster

The TOPIC for this post is "your favorite Boogie" NOT which MESA is best, yeah there are too many varied styles and tastes to say which is best.

My favorite amp is my 2 channel 93 Dual Rectifier with my 4x12 halfback. I've tried them all and LOVE Mesa's offerings but I get the GREAT tones I need from her. They range from a nice clean, soft purrr, spanky crunch to all out scary roar with searing leads and she's all mine.
:D

Mark IV comes in as equal next favorite. 8)

I still can't figure out if I prefer my Stiletto over my F-50 or vice versa. They are both great sounding amps... just different. I doubt there is a Boogie out there that I wouldn't want to own.

:wink:

Besides I'm pretty flexible when it comes to tone as long as it's GOOD.

I can only base my opinion on what I've played through, and that has to be the Quad.
I've tried a Mark IV and a Triaxis through a 2:90,
My old instructor's Mark I and IIC+ combos through a Marshall 1960B,
Studio pre with a 50/50, and my friend's Quad through a Stragy 400.

The only Boogie's I've owned are the ones in my sig, and I'm looking for a 50/50 to complete the rig.
Btw, I haven't fully explored the Quad's clean channels, but the .50 Cal has a sweet clean when the master is cranked & the volume is down, "Class A" or not.

Of the Boogies I've owned, I love my tremoverb the best. Flexible, great tone, gobs of gain, does low gain well also.

I've owned a Mark IV and rectoverb and they were both great amps, but I just like everything about the tremoverb's tone. The mark IV was great, but I didn't like how fickle it was. I've also played the lonestar and F series but never owned them. The tremoverb's place in my stable is permanent.

I LOVE my mesa boogie dual rectifier with 3 channels. It´+s got el 34 and sound tight and hard. I used to have a mesa mark4 and they are also great.I love them too . IIII LLLLOOOOOVVVEEE mesa boogie

Latest posts

Back