What setting are you using on your OD808?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DirtyNoise

Reaction score
I have single rec and was wondering what settings are best with it? I have the OD at 0 - the Balance at 10 and tone at 0.

You?

Mine is set at gaine off, tone at noon and the level maxed. Unless you are talking about some kind of stereo pedal, an OD doesn't have a "balance" knob that usually associates with "left to right balance". OD pedals have your basic gain, tone and level controls.

The volume/level knob on the OD808 is labeled "balance".

I turn my tone up to 2:00-3:00 to get a sharper and more percussive attack, drive 0, balance 10.

Well, I personally find that I can get a great sound from this pedal, with the gain at zero, balance knob all the way up, along with the tone knob all the way up to.

Thats cool- We have practice tonight. I'm going to go out early and try a few different things. Do most of you guys set the amps the way you want them then set the OD? Or do you go back after setting the OD and make changes to the amp settings?

My footswitch has two loops built in, one for the dirty and one for the clean channel. I have my OD808 and an NS-2 that's kicked on only when the dirty channel is active. I usually tweak the amp on the dirty channel while the OD is active. I just view them as three more tone controls I'm using to dial in my sound. My gain hardly ever goes above 12 Noon when it's active.

I set my balance maxed. Tone @ around 10:00-11:00. The gain i find adds some more balls in the low mids when just cracked ON apposed to being all off. So i run mine around 8:00-9:00.

droptrd said:
I set my balance maxed. Tone @ around 10:00-11:00. The gain i find adds some more balls in the low mids when just cracked ON apposed to being all off. So i run mine around 8:00-9:00.

This is about what I found to be best after some setting adjustments the other night. Pretty happy with it now.

droptrd said:
I'm finding myself with a similar setup. Just got an 808 and loving it so far.

I did find that the 808 added some additional noise so I've put an ISP Decimator after it.

yo hello guys :) im new for mesa boogie and just got this amp about 2 months ago :) im using single rect and crate bv412 c.v.30 16ohm cab..and my question is what is the best boost pedal for mesa single??? im playing like four year strong or set your goals, new found glory, etc. thx for replied guys :) regards from indonesia :)

Latest posts

Back