What is the resell value on this head conversion?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rock-On!!

Reaction score
Do to some unexpected financial obligations I may be forced to sell off some gear. I need some feedback as to what you think a Lone Star head would bring. This one was once a combo amp and I converted it to a head version. With that in mind I am not sure what would be a reasonable price to ask for the amp.
Here are a couple of photos of the head.

MesaLoneStara.jpg

MesaLoneStarc.jpg

MesaLoneStarb.jpg

Any feedback regarding what would be a reasonable price would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,

Nice work.....
What would you consider charging to convert a Mark-IV short body into a 2-12 enclosure kinda like a Lonestar 2-12......?

I'd love to have mine as a 2-12 combo

I don't know what that is worth, but I sure would like to do mine that way.

Combo amps are too heavy and they rattle too much. :!:

Just for reference, This is not the first cab that I have done. Here is a link to some of my other work.
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=8902007&uid=2981932&members=1

Hi Rock-on! Nice cabs you make! What kind of joints and wood do you use? Did you use dovetail joints on the Marshall 18-watt cab? I am thinking of building a replacement cab out of hardwood for the Studio 22+ I recently acquired. We have some great looking hardwood locally.

Cheers,

Humphrey

I think you could ask for the full price on the head. Check out e-bay. I don't see too many Lone Stars up for sale. When they are up, they are usually combo's and they go for close to retail if they are in good shape.

I like the looks of the one you have, so it should go for full market value.

BTW, great website. what do you charge for an empty 2x12 cab. I am thinking of converting my LSC combo to a head and cab. Do you sell the head shell also?

boogee said:
Just for reference, This is not the first cab that I have done. Here is a link to some of my other work.
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=8902007&uid=2981932&members=1
Hi Rock-on! Nice cabs you make! What kind of joints and wood do you use? Did you use dovetail joints on the Marshall 18-watt cab? I am thinking of building a replacement cab out of hardwood for the Studio 22+ I recently acquired. We have some great looking hardwood locally.
Cheers, Humphrey
Thanks,
The 18 watt cabs are built with 13 ply Baltic birch with dove tail joints.
cnumb44 said:
BTW, great website. what do you charge for an empty 2x12 cab. I am thinking of converting my LSC combo to a head and cab. Do you sell the head shell also?
email me for more details.
cnumb44 said:
I think you could ask for the full price on the head. Check out e-bay. I don't see too many Lone Stars up for sale. When they are up, they are usually combo's and they go for close to retail if they are in good shape.
I like the looks of the one you have, so it should go for full market value.
I haven’t seen any recently on ebay. Would $1100.00 be a fair price?

Rock-On!! said:
strumminsix said:
Are those the setting you use or just the way the were when you shot the pic?
I think I had it set that way.
Why do you ask?

Just never seen anyone with a clean channel setup similar to mine. Heavy on the highs to let in the Mids without mud and using it to control the lows.

Also, how did you do the tolex? Could you peel back the existing, then cut the cab, dovetail a new bottom and re-use the same tolex?

I really want to do mine that way!

Could you explain exactly how you did that, please?

sweet
once you come up with a price let us know, I for one might be interested.
:)

Latest posts

Back