What fuzz?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jb's 52

Reaction score
What fuzz are you guys using with your MarkV? I'm currently using a Zvex Mastotron, you?

i have a bb preamp en a maxon od808; i use neither though, the mark V really feels and sounds best to me without boost or fuzz.

I have both a Fulltone Catalyst and a Skreddy Lunar Module that I enjoy with channel 1. I bought them to use with my Transatlantic but it's nice to have them on hand with the V.
I have the Catalyst for sale if anyones interested.

wezzley said:
i have a bb preamp en a maxon od808; i use neither though, the mark V really feels and sounds best to me without boost or fuzz.

Yeah...

I definitely don't need a boost nor distortion with this amp, but that fuzz sound just can't be coaxed without a fuzz pedal...I wish!!

I use a Maxon OD808. But only with certain guitars. Some pickups actually really work well with the amp with no boost or fuzz.

I've always wanted to get one, but not enough to splurge for it. One of these days I hope to find one cheap.

80's Big Muff..., the Mark V does it all except for fuzz.

There are settings for a fuzz like tone on the V, but I need my 3 channels :mrgreen:

I've used an Addrock Geranium Fuzz and then a Phoenix Custom Electronics Fuzz. Both are germanium-based fuzz faces. I typically ran them into a slightly dirty Tubescreamer and then into the clean channel.

I've had my Mark V for about 4 months and am selling my "dirt" pedals, with the exception of my Blackout Effectors Musket (v2). This beast is a Big Muff on steroids (review http://www.gilmourish.com/?p=3389). I can't seem to reproduce the saturated violin-like sounds from the V that I get with the Musket, as well as "traditional" Muff fuzz sounds.

I have a Zvex Fuzz Factory and I love it. To some people it may sound too trebly and thin, but with the right settings it is a monster. I use it either through channel 2 with medium to low gain, or on the clean channel.

RocknRory said:
I have a Zvex Fuzz Factory and I love it. To some people it may sound too trebly and thin, but with the right settings it is a monster. I use it either through channel 2 with medium to low gain, or on the clean channel.

I had one that I had a hard time taming live. Right when I just about got it there, it would start to squeal really bad. It had some great fuzz tones but mine was just a little too unpredictable for me.

Latest posts

Back