What cab are you using with your Roadster?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use a Rect 4x 12 for bigger venues and an Avatar 2x 12 open back for smaller gigs.

I definitely like the 4 x 12 more...

My bandmate has a Roadster with Port City 4x12. He has some pretty amazing tone frome that setup. Nice and full with no woof sounds but it still has plenty of chunk.

I'm using a 2x12 recto cab for its portablity. Most clubs I play I get mic'd so I don't need a 4x 12....however I"m a big fan of the 4 x12 it is just too much to lug around. The 2 x 12 sounds great , has great speakers and gets the job done in spades.

So here's the question 2 x 12 for convienence or 4 x 12 for looks?

Scotty

Wondering people's opinion on the roadster 2x12 vs a basson 2x12. I guess this would really be directed at jdurso since he has both.

I'm open to different ideas, just weighing possibilities. I do think that I'm sold on the roadster 2x12 over the rectifier 2x12 due to the openness.

Thanks!

I don't have a roadster but rather the roadster's older brother the road king and i use a 2x12 rk cab and 2x12 recto cab. 2x12 are way easier to move around and fit into my car

odsska said:
Wondering people's opinion on the roadster 2x12 vs a basson 2x12. I guess this would really be directed at jdurso since he has both.

I'm open to different ideas, just weighing possibilities. I do think that I'm sold on the roadster 2x12 over the rectifier 2x12 due to the openness.

Thanks!

i think they're waaaayyy different than each other but compliment each other very well. the basson has a sort of dry or clean thump to it. It doesnt color the tone as much as the roadster cab or any other cab i've tried along with it. so i think its great for get punch but not crunch. conversely i find the roadster a little looser but more in terms of it sounding more opn/less directional. the v30s definitely color the tone with their flavor which for me is good because i like v30s. the roadster cab i dont find as punchy as the basson but a lot more crunchy so the combination of the two together really fits. hope that helps and again this is just my take on it. I've also had a mesa halfback 4x12 and a diezel 4x12 paired with the basson and in every setup the basson added more clairty to the mix which i think is a good thing.

have an orange 4x12, really want to try a port city.. but im just not sure what difference ill hear. i just love the thick birch of the orange

also want to say i just tried my roadster with a VHT Deliverance cab afew weeks ago and it was amazing. so amazing i've been looking for a deliverance cab and may have found a guy willing to trade for both my 2x12s. lesson here is the roadster sounds great through many cabs, its all about preference

Interesting about the VHT. They only make that as a 4x12 right?

When looking up the Mills cabs, I came across this dealer: http://www.bostonguitar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=BGWI&Category_Code=08AM

who happens to be right outside of Boston. Guess I'll be heading there this weekend to try out some stuff! The pictures of their effects cases & amp floor are insane.

odsska said:
Interesting about the VHT. They only make that as a 4x12 right?

When looking up the Mills cabs, I came across this dealer: http://www.bostonguitar.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=BGWI&Category_Code=08AM

who happens to be right outside of Boston. Guess I'll be heading there this weekend to try out some stuff! The pictures of their effects cases & amp floor are insane.

no they ahve a deliverance 2x12 cab too. from what i remember its pretty big for a 2x12.. bigger than the recto 2x12s atleast.

Latest posts

Back