VoodooMan Switches

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CoG said:
Just to say-- I've had a similar experience to everyone else. The orders took way longer than they should have but I did get a top-notch product eventually. Actually he was considerably better than the company contracted to do Mesa service through their major vendor in Canada... :roll:

If you paid him via PayPal you should have full address information there, shouldn't you...?

Yes, his address is on my PayPal receipt. I have no interest in visiting the guy myself. I just want my switch, or my money back, and come Friday, I will have one or the other.

I opened up a dispute with Paypal - but I feel like that might be as useful as a chocolate teapot.

I didn't have his address (physical) on my receipt.

again - frustrating! I guess I'll just have to be patient.

that's the best news i've heard so far. i'll let you know what happens. did you get an email response? or did the pedal just show up?

A great product with horrible customer service? Quite an unfortunate combination...

Where can I read more about the product line?

Scott

swhiteh3 said:
A great product with horrible customer service? Quite an unfortunate combination...

Where can I read more about the product line?

Scott

There's all kinds of info on what he does at this site - see first post in the thread. Apparently they are quite good, but he needs someone else running the business.

I started the dispute process with PayPal yesterday, and surprisingly had a message from him waiting for me when I got up today. I won't go into all the details, but there was an explanation of why he hadn't shipped my switch yet, and that I would have it "real soon".
I'm only giving it till next Friday to show up, though, as it's already been 34 days since I ordered, and PayPal only give you 45 to file a claim.
We'll see.

go to voodoomanswitches.com

I got a response!! Apparantly he has been involved in a car accident that was serious (ribs/leg broken, etc). He said that he will be shipping right away. We shall see.

I'll let you know when I get it.

Bloodspoint: let me know when you get the item. I hope he has shipped it.

I didn't get a shipment message - I hope mine was included with yours. I Asked him a couple of times now but with no answer again.

Let me know when you get it.

I received a tracking number but it says that it is not confirmation that it has actually been shipped. Sometimes it says that because I didn't request a tracking number. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and hopefully get it by the end of the week. Bloodspoint - did yours arrive yet?

Shutts said:
I received a tracking number but it says that it is not confirmation that it has actually been shipped. Sometimes it says that because I didn't request a tracking number. I will give him the benefit of the doubt and hopefully get it by the end of the week. Bloodspoint - did yours arrive yet?

Yeah, that apparently doesn't mean much. Here's my history thus far:
7/25 - Ordered "In Stock" switch from site and paid in full.
8/5 - Got a "Shipping info received" notice like you got.
Sometime around the middle of the month - started e-mailing him with no response.
8/27 - Filed a dispute with PayPal
8/28 - Got message about terrible car accident and injuries.
8/29 - Got message that switch "shipped out today".
9/3 - USPS says package actually left their facility.
?? - Actual delivery?

When I filed the dispute last Wednesday, I told him he had till 9/5, this Friday, to get the switch to me, or I'd file an actual claim with PayPal, since they only give you 45 days. At this rate, he's cutting it pretty close.

Note that it was almost a full month between the "info received" message and the actual ship date. I hope that doesn't mean it'll be another month before yours actually ships. :roll:

phyrexia said:
Y'know all these pedals can be built with very minimal effort, right?

Yes, but these appear to be very nicely done. Nicer than I would ever do, for sure, but pedal building is not one of my arts. That, combined with the fact that I wouldn't have to put out the effort, which would have been worth more than $80 to me, and that it was supposedly in stock, which meant I should have had it nearly instantly, was more than worth it to me.
Honestly, if left to my own devices, I'd never build a switch at all.

Now of somebody were to produce these and actually deliver them...

I just ordered one before I read this post. I hope I get better customer service than what you guys are experiencing. However, I did email him two days ago when I bought it, with no response yet. Let me know if you guys hear from him or what kind of service to expect here. Thanks, Jake.

energyturtle7 said:
I just ordered one before I read this post. I hope I get better customer service than what you guys are experiencing. However, I did email him two days ago when I bought it, with no response yet. Let me know if you guys hear from him or what kind of service to expect here. Thanks, Jake.

I say delivery will be Oct 23 for you. That's my best guess, but that is only if it was in stock. I may be worse if it wasn't in stock.

I wish you well :)

I ordered a VDMIII-2 on 7-17 and recieved it on 8-5. For me, things were fairly quick. I must have been lucky. Good luck to you all.

D

USPS says it has left PORTLAND yesterday (3rd). I am hopeful this is good news.

Latest posts

Back