volume knob 50/50 & 2:50 poweamp

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeychunki

Reaction score
Hi does anyone know if I can do a straight swap of my 50/50 volume/presence knobs with the new style 2:50,also if anyone knows the shaft dimensions of the 50/50 that would be useful.

Thanks

Have you taken off the knobs and looked? They are typically not hard to remove/replace. On a recent call with mesa, I learned that they actually trim their newer pots, so it's possible the 2:50 has short shafts and the 50:50 has long ones. The dimensions should be the same, but the "zero point" IE where the chosen knob should equal zero may not line up to your liking.

I've recently acquired a 50/50 and had it shipped to Brazil. The ears on the front panel came bent inwards, so when I unbent them flat, the paint job started chipping off if. Then I decided to repaint it all and I'm also planning on swapping mine for some black dome knobs.
I discovered that the pot shafts are not the usual ones we see in other amps and guitars. It's like the one in the middle in the picture:
IMG_8879a.jpg

It's made of plastic, so I'm considering trimming it to a specific length so I can use the dome knobs I chose (notice I can tighten them to the shaft turning its screw):
metal-dome-knob-black-831-p.jpg

Latest posts

Back