Volume boost tricks on Mark IIb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JAMz

Reaction score
Does anyone has a Volume boost trick that I can use for soloing on the MkIIb?

So far I have used the EQ on my MKIV for boosting solos. I works fine but it obviously restrains me of using the EQ on the lead channel for rhytym work.

I guess the same goes for the IIB, only that I don't know if the EQ can be switched on and off using a footswitch. Any pointers???

Thanks JAMz

I use an Intellifex thru the effects loop that has some gain and some other great effects for soloing.

The Mark IIB is the only Boogie that you can control the volume with a volume pedal(Ernie Ball) thru the effects loop, this gives you an infinite variable of volume/tone/distortion on both channels.

I prefer to do it via midi. that changes my channels on 2 different amps at the same time.

Yes, depending on the options. At least that's the way it is on my MK-IIa, and I think the MK-IIb is the same.

There is an input jack on the chasis, behind the tubes, for foot a dual footswitch, and it can be wired in a few different ways. One is usually for the eq, and the other can either be for reverb or for boost ( the same as pulling out the gain - boost knob). It states in the manual that if you have all three options (eq, gain boost, reverb) then the jack will come wired for eq/gain-boost, unless otherwise specified.

Betos

I prefer to set the amp to soloing volume, and use GE-7 in the loop the DECREASE the volume for rhythm work. So:
pedal off > solo
pedal on > rhythm

Makes more sense to me rather than boosting which can alter your tone. Also, by this way you can still retain the use of your onboard eq.

Latest posts

Back