voice lessons?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metalhead51105

Reaction score
hey all,
i've been heavily considering taking some voice lessons but i don't know where to turn or even the going rate these days. having never even taken a guitar lesson before i don't know the best places to look. now i know it depends where you live and all but first i ask how much of a difference can it make? also how much should i be looking to spend per lesson? assuming i'm the worst singer in the world (just for worst case scenerio's sake) how many should i plan on taking? such questions i understand are vague (as usual for me) but just wanted some feedback from those of you who have done so personally
thanks guys,
tony

p.s. people tell me i have a decent voice already but i have a rasp that is underdeveloped and needs to be controlled a bit better ... almost as if the rasp needs to be used for effect as opposed to all the time

The rasp works well for Chad Kroeger from Nickelback ;)

Being in Cincy, I would think there's plenty of places that you could look. I would think that any music store should be able to point you in the right direction. I've been thinking about lessons myself, but haven't got around to it yet.

I'm a self taught singer, and I spent quite a few hours practicing every week. I'd suggest just listening to music, and see how various singers approach everything, while singing along with them.

Best wishes for honing that rasp, you lucky dog. It works for a lot of people...almost too many to list. Dang, I wish I had even a hint of one. My voice is so thin...

Do stay away from "classical" voice lessons like college-arts programs though. Holy wow, would that ruin you.

Latest posts

Back