My first Mesa

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcel20855

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm also new to the forum, and looking forward to learning and contributing. Last weekend, I picked up a very clean 11-year old Express 5:25+ combo from Atomic Music in Beltsville, MD (awesome shop!). All it needed was a pair of less-worn-out power tubes swapped in from one of my other amps to sound much better, and I expect it'll be even better with a new set. I'll be going down that rabbit hole of forum reviews soon. It'll take me a while to learn how to dial in all of its extensive capabilities, but I've already found enough great tones to take it to band practice tonight.

Rock on!

Marcel

20240319_213205.jpg

Hi Marcel,

I recently bought the previous model to what you have. I am so impressed. It actually made me want to buy the latest model, they must be fabulous.

Anyhow if I add an eq pedal to mine it would be similar to your model. To date and I am only 6 weeks in, I have not found it necessary.

The interesting thing is the gain control, it does not just add gain It changes the voice so you need to adjust the eq

have fun

I have a head/cab version of this. It's a great sounding amp. I'm running mine through 2 widebody cabs, one open back and one closed. The clean is absolutely dreamy with this setup. The burn channel gives a pretty good amount of bark.

Back