VHT Pitbull CL-50 Head

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prsman88

Reaction score
Anybody have/tried one? My band has 3 guitarists so we are looking to kinda vary our sounds so we don't blend too much. Our manager suggested that one of us could look into VHT if we were trying to not do all mesa.

He has the Pitbull UL-100, but the CL-50 and 100 series seem to be more affordable.

We play Metal/Hardcore.

Thoughts on this VHT head or any of the other models. They have great ratings on Harmony Central. (We prefer that they have more than one channel also, otherwise we'd be asking about the deliverence heads also.

Thanks

I've heard really good things about the Pitbull series heads...but I can't offer any advice. I do, however, like the sound of your band on myspace (and added you guys). :)

super great question. no answer from me but just recently i began to think about it. ive got a mkiv and after watching the unearth dvd and hearing the tone they had live gives me major gas. almost makes me wanna trade the mark...well see.

I have a vht deliverance head, which according to the manual has similar circuity to the pittbulls that run KT88s. I A/B'd it with my old mkiv and would say that the vht has a much more modern sound. For a high-gain metal sound, it kills. It also does "in-between" moderate distortion very well, perhaps better than anything else I've tried.

If you have a chance to see ISIS live, they often use vht pitbull ULs and that is exactly what kinid of sound you can expect from a vht. The pittbull UL 100 (or whatever the exact model name is) is one of the great amps on the market today - check it out.

prsman88 said:
Anybody have/tried one? My band has 3 guitarists so we are looking to kinda vary our sounds so we don't blend too much. Our manager suggested that one of us could look into VHT if we were trying to not do all mesa.

He has the Pitbull UL-100, but the CL-50 and 100 series seem to be more affordable.

We play Metal/Hardcore.

Thoughts on this VHT head or any of the other models. They have great ratings on Harmony Central. (We prefer that they have more than one channel also, otherwise we'd be asking about the deliverence heads also.

Thanks

the UL's are the most brutal of the VHT line... known to incinerate small children. The ULs definitely have there own sound because they stay very dry more like the mark series but they have the thunder of the rectos. But they sound nothing like either the mark or the recto... they have their own sound.

The CL series is they el34 based amps and are very much a hotrodded marshall except with the signature VHT dry tone. Killer amps that get just as heavy as the ULs but with more of that el34 voicing.... BTW with either the CL or UL make sure you look into the ones with the graphic EQ.

Deliverance to me has more of that rectoish sag, not as dry as the other VHTs. does metal and hard rock extremely well and they're the most affordible especially used.

Now onto the mac-daddy of VHTs IMO.... the Sig X. They can basically cover any ground between the UL and Deliverance. The cleans are the best out of the VHT line and the amp has a little less dry sound and a little more saggy fullness. So if you think about the center point between the UL and Deliverance it would be the Sig X. If i were to compare it to any other amp its basically like VHT's Roadster. Lots of voicing options but simple to operate and they're priced right around that 1900-2000 mark which new is cheaper than all the pitbulls and a little more than the deliverance. i've seen them on harmony central in the 1700-1900 range. i would definitely pick the sig x out of the whole vht lineup with the CLs close behind (not that any of them sound bad... i just like those better)

i hope that helped

jdurso said:
the UL's are the most brutal of the VHT line... known to incinerate small children. The ULs definitely have there own sound because they stay very dry more like the mark series but they have the thunder of the rectos. But they sound nothing like either the mark or the recto... they have their own sound.

The CL series is they el34 based amps and are very much a hotrodded marshall except with the signature VHT dry tone. Killer amps that get just as heavy as the ULs but with more of that el34 voicing.... BTW with either the CL or UL make sure you look into the ones with the graphic EQ.

Deliverance to me has more of that rectoish sag, not as dry as the other VHTs. does metal and hard rock extremely well and they're the most affordible especially used.

Now onto the mac-daddy of VHTs IMO.... the Sig X. They can basically cover any ground between the UL and Deliverance. The cleans are the best out of the VHT line and the amp has a little less dry sound and a little more saggy fullness. So if you think about the center point between the UL and Deliverance it would be the Sig X. If i were to compare it to any other amp its basically like VHT's Roadster. Lots of voicing options but simple to operate and they're priced right around that 1900-2000 mark which new is cheaper than all the pitbulls and a little more than the deliverance. i've seen them on harmony central in the 1700-1900 range. i would definitely pick the sig x out of the whole vht lineup with the CLs close behind (not that any of them sound bad... i just like those better)

i hope that helped

Couldn't have said it better...

Latest posts

Back