Using Midi contoller for your recto?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fx2

Reaction score
Hi !

How are you guys managing you live gigs with your mesa dual recto/tremoverb/roadster/roadking?

Are you just happy with footswitch between 2 sound with the original mesa footswitch? Or are some of you using midi switchers? Which one?

I would replace my TREMOVERB by a Roadster, to get 4 independent channels and buy a midi controller to switch between channels via midi.

Thanks to share your experiences :)

There are two that come to mind....

Peavey midi pro - 8 relay switches
Fender Ms-8 - 8 switches

Both are 1 space rackmount. I bought the peavey midipro for 75 from ebay and it has 4 A/B boxes built in plus the 8 relays.

I am sure there are others but I think those are two lowest costing solutions.

I assume there are effects and pedals you want to be switching at the same time?

For just channel switching, the original footswitch is great!

I use an Amp Gizmo to control my Roadster head, along with a Gmajor for effects, all switched via midi. The nice thing is that you can use a custom cable that plugs into the footswitch jack on the amp, so you don't have to run a bunch of TRS cables. The Gizmo does not do loop switching if you want to run a combo of rack effects and stomp boxes though...you'll want to check out the DMC unit for that. Info on the Amp Gizmo can be found at http://www.rjmmusic.com

check out the article on musicplayers.com. or is it musicplayer.com? great information and product suggestions.

Latest posts

Back