Use Helix Floor To Switch Channels?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BMW-KTM

Reaction score
Hey guys. I did use the search function before posting a new topic but I didn't find anything that directly addressed my situation. I just searched for Helix and looked at all topic titles going back to 2016, which I believe is the year they released Helix. I also searched this on the Helix Forum and the two threads I found both suggested to the OP that they ask here.

So I have a Helix Floor and I love it. I use it as a small footprint, do-anything pedalboard running into my MarkV-35. I am using the four cable method to run some of the f/x through the amp loop and that works quite well. What I am now wondering is whether or not I can eliminate the Boogie foot-switch from my setup and use the Helix to switch channels for me, particularly since I don't need any of the other buttons on the foot-switch because I do those other functions with the Helix; eg: solo boosting and EQ changes. I can find no literature on whether the 5-pin DIN jack on the MarkV-35 is MIDI friendly or not. I have seen a couple of things on the net showing how to do it with a MarkV-25 but that amp has a TRS jack on the front panel for a foot-switch. My MarkV-35 does not.

Any help you can provide will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Actually .... now that I'm thinking about this I could build one myself but I don't know which pins on the 5-pin DIN to connect to the sleeve and tip.

Does anybody have a map of the pins?

BMW-KTM said:
Actually .... now that I'm thinking about this I could build one myself but I don't know which pins on the 5-pin DIN to connect to the sleeve and tip.

Does anybody have a map of the pins?

Howdy.

You could map it yourself by testing every pin to ground and check what happens :)

If the channel switch is just latching switch then it should work. On bigger Mesa amps the channel switching uses some logic circuit so it is a bit different story…

I just fired off an email to Boogie at [email protected] and asked them for the map. My thinking on asking them directly is that if there are any issues or dangers with channel switching in this way or if there are any hardware incompatibilities with a standard MIDI plug they will most likely caution me.

BMW-KTM said:
I just fired off an email to Boogie at [email protected] and asked them for the map. My thinking on asking them directly is that if there are any issues or dangers with channel switching in this way or if there are any hardware incompatibilities with a standard MIDI plug they will most likely caution me.

Better safe than sorry :mrgreen:

51272599976_53885fbcb1_t.jpg

This is what they sent back. Pretty small but I can make it out.

Kind of surprised they responded on a Saturday actually. They made no mention of any issues. The message was quite brief actually. Basically just here's the map, contact us if you have more questions.

The only thing about the map I don't quite get is the SH OV thing.
I am assuming that must be a common (or ground) but I have no idea what SH OV might stand for.
Any ideas?

In the event anyone else might want this information I created a larger and more legible version of the map.
A small contribution to the catalog of Boogie information on this board.

51278124005_d010e39503_c.jpg

Back