Tuner to use inline

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gimme789

Reaction score
Hi guys, I'm looking for a tuner which I can set on my amp and always be plugged in, with a bypass and mute. Sick of having to unplug to tune between songs. Any recommdendations ? TIA

TC Electronic Polytune is full-bypass and lets you tune at least six strings at a time. There are some others out there, too.

Lots of manufacturers of pedals or guitar equipment have some kind of tuner out there.. Boss, Korg, Fender, TC Electronics, Behringer, you name it. Just go to a store and check some out. I can almost guarantee they have a couple to choose from. Make sure to really check out how fast it locks on to a note, how easy it is to tune to pitch and for gigging how bright it is. I had a Rocktron xTune which was fine after you got used to is, but it only had 3 lights and a little note display. It really took me a while to get used to that one..
Another option for less money would be to use one that clips on to your guitar. Downside to those is that when you're gigging you'll most likely loose it, unless you stand still for the whole gig :wink:

If it's true bypass, a tuner's a tuner. The thing you gotta consider is how visible you want it to be and what kind of interface you'd like (strobe etc.)

I like the Pitchblack since it's small and simple.

Another vote for the Turbo Tuner. Its the best period. The pitchbalck is another good option as well as the Boss TU-2/TU-3. I know the boss isnt as cool but they are the industry standard. Ive had mine for over 10 years giggin the entire time. Never had a problem.

Jackie said:
If it's true bypass, a tuner's a tuner.

Not necessarily. Some tuners are slower to react than others and some are overly sensitive.

Don said:
Jackie said:

Not necessarily. Some tuners are slower to react than others and some are overly sensitive.

I agree after I got my polytuner I can't say a tuners a tuner. One strum of the strings and within 30 seconds and another strum Im in tune.

Can't beat that. Lets not forget, how well a guitar holds tune plays a big part too.

Don said:
Jackie said:

Isn't that the truth.

That's why I vote for the ST200. It locks on FAST and its VERY easy to see even in dark and from a long distance.

I've had a lot of other units but none compare to this thing for speed and ease of read. And built like a tank and true bypass to boot.

Latest posts

Back