Tubes

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since it is Simul-Class, Basic tubes for the ED were the STR440 power tubes. Not sure how different it is compared to the Mark V90 but I would assume the STR441 power tubes would work out since the STR440 are out of production. The preamp uses all 12AX7 tubes. You can use almost any 12AX7 preamp tube except for V3 which has a dc coupled Cathode follower tone stack driver. Best to stick with a Mesa 12AX7 or JJ ECC83s in that location. A Chinese 7025 or 12AX7 may do ok there too. Just do not stick any Russian tubes in that location or you will have issues. As for the rest, any 12AX7 tube will do fine. The Hi/Lo channel is your basic 2204 circuit. Just be aware of V3 having a cathode follower. What tubes are in it now?

I got my Dyne head used years ago. The first thing I did was a tube swap. I already knew I wanted an EL34 power section, so I went with Tung Sol EL34Bs. For the preamp section, I put Tung Sols in all slots except for the PI slot, where I installed a Sovtek 12AX7LPS. That combination of tubes along with some WGS British Lead speakers gave me the tone I heard in my head for decades. I've since switched to combining Celestion Redback and EVM 12L speakers, and I still get the same results, though flavored just slightly different.

Since it is Simul-Class, Basic tubes for the ED were the STR440 power tubes. Not sure how different it is compared to the Mark V90 but I would assume the STR441 power tubes would work out since the STR440 are out of production. The preamp uses all 12AX7 tubes. You can use almost any 12AX7 preamp tube except for V3 which has a dc coupled Cathode follower tone stack driver. Best to stick with a Mesa 12AX7 or JJ ECC83s in that location. A Chinese 7025 or 12AX7 may do ok there too. Just do not stick any Russian tubes in that location or you will have issues. As for the rest, any 12AX7 tube will do fine. The Hi/Lo channel is your basic 2204 circuit. Just be aware of V3 having a cathode follower. What tubes are in it now?
As far as I know the tubes that came with the amp! I bought it used

Back