Gary Moore Tone

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own a Electra Dyne combo and I love Gary Moore's tone! How can I get his tone with my amp?
Hello 👋

I think you’re going to need some boost or OD pedal for that tone. ED does not have that much of gain.. and of course your guitar should be equipped with higher output humbuckers.

You could try with red mode and (o’clock) gain 4, treble 2, middle 10, bass 9, presence 11-3 and master around 9. Loud - yes but pretty gainy.

Hello 👋

I think you’re going to need some boost or OD pedal for that tone. ED does not have that much of gain.. and of course your guitar should be equipped with higher output humbuckers.

You could try with red mode and (o’clock) gain 4, treble 2, middle 10, bass 9, presence 11-3 and master around 9. Loud - yes but pretty gainy.
I do own the Soldano Overdrive pedal I just don't know if the amp should be on the Green, Blue, or Red Channel!

I do own the Soldano Overdrive pedal I just don't know if the amp should be on the Green, Blue, or Red Channel!

It depends on your approach..

Approach #1:
- Use clean channel and take all your drive from pedal

Approach #2:
- Use amp’s OD channel and boost it with pedal.

Approach #3:
- Use amps own drive only

Did you test the settings in my first post already?

Plus I play a Epiphone Les Paul Standard with Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates pickups

My best bet would be to use red mode and boost it with od pedal: not too much gain from the pedal, cut bass (or boost highs if the pedal doesn’t have bass control) and give it a bit of a boost from the pedals volume knob…

Test different combinations and try which works for you 😁

My best bet would be to use red mode and boost it with od pedal: not too much gain from the pedal, cut bass (or boost highs if the pedal doesn’t have bass control) and give it a bit of a boost from the pedals volume knob…

Test different combinations and try which works for you 😁
I appreciate you replying back! Gonna try the settings! I'll let you know how it goes! Thanks again 👍😊

Back