Triple Rectifier fuse keeps Blowing! help

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RollingSketchy

Reaction score
I bought a Triple Rectifier head from my local music shop, and the owner told it had hardly been used and that it was like 6 years old, so at first everything was fine when i used it i played a few shows and nothing went wrong until one day after a show i tried turning on my amp and the fuse had been blown. I tried replacing it but every time i turned it on the fuse would blow?@! did i blow the Diode? do i need new tubes? can anyone help me out??? :x

ValveHeavyTone said:
check your rec tubes that is most likely the cullprit!

+1...pull all three of them out, set the switch to "silicon diode", replace the fuse and see what happens. If the amp stays running just replace the rec tubes and you're done. It is perfectly safe to run the amp like this until you can get the new tubes.

Fuse still blows, likely a power tube. IMO, when purchasing a used amp you should retube it... just like throwing a tune-up/fluid/filter change on a used car. Preventive maintenance.

Ok so your saying i should pull out the 3 bigger 5U4G tubes? and i can leave the rest in? I'll give it a try...

RollingSketchy said:
...the 3 bigger 5U4G tubes? and i can leave the rest in? I'll give it a try...

yes. Make sure you set the switch to "silicon diode"...if it's set to "tube rectifier" with the tubes out, you wont get any sound and probably blow the fuse.

Latest posts

Back