TriAxis Output Dial Question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever since I cranked mine up to 6/7, it's made a WORLD of difference in my tone. I have fallen in love with the TriAxis all over again.

I had mine set at 7 for a while but going into the 2:90 it was way too loud. I would like to experiment and try using my Strategy 400 with it different volumes...

Well I used to have it on like 3, but it sounded... I dunno. Undefined somehow. Now that it's cranked, my tone just seems more alive, more saturated, and a lot meaner.

BTW Greenevil, your band sounds pretty sweet! Digging your tone.

I am going to have to play around with again and see what makes a difference. **** all this volume vs. tone talk! haha

Thanks dude for the kind words dude! Funny, I can't seem to get the tone that I really liked back on my Triaxis... *sigh* such is life! haha

I have my 2:90 about 11:00 O'clock and my Triaxis Output at Noon (I think thats about 5?). I believe my channel masters are around 4. I feel like its not quite as loud as it should be to get better tone at practice. I am almost going to try moving the cab way away from us and turning it around to turn it louder to see how it sounds.

I usually have all my high gain settings set at a Master level of 5. I tried going lower to like 4ish and boosting the 2:90, but I like the way it sounds better at 5.

I put my output level at 2.5. If I set it higher, then it would clip my effect pedal. The TriAxis is output is very loud above 2 anyway, it has a lot of volume.

darkalone, I find nothing dumb about your question what so ever, and I haven't been a teenager since 1970. To answer your question I usually have mine set between 4-5. I find that gives me the best sound with the Boogie 50/50 poweramp that I use with it. Sometimes that changes though if I use a different poweramp.

Thanks for the input man. :D

Like I said, since I jacked mine up to 6/7, it's made a lot of difference in my sound. Liking it too!

I always liked the tune 18&Life...This douchebag has now forever tainted it for me.

lights fire to skid row cd[/i]

darkalone said:
81/60. Yes. I am a fanboy. :wink:

dude, im almost jealous, you've kicked my *** in the Hetfield fanboy area. especially with that genuine ESP explorer.

anyway, back to the subject, i run mine at 4. i've never really even tried a higher setting. and i usually set my 2:90 volumes about 12 o'clock for live gigs.

Sadly bro, the only ESP Explorer I ever had was an old LTD model, and I parted ways with it to fund the uber-fanboy guitar - the Gibson 1984 Explorer Reissue with EMGs. :D

Hey, I'm a little late to this party, but I'm willing to make up for that by being instantly offended. What have you got?? :roll:

Oh, yeah, I set my Triaxis output volume straight up at high noon. I've tried a variety of positions (and then I plugged in my amp! :lol:), and found that one to be just fine. I even left it that way after gaining about 3dB headroom from the 12BZ7 I put in V5.

Cornball truism: the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked.

Lighten up, y'all!! 8)

- Thom

Latest posts

Back