Triaxis Mode & Loop switches failing

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deny777

Reaction score
This will be my last atempt at fixing this problem, there is no way I can send my unit to Boogie since I live in Brazil, and there's no one in the country capable of doing the job. In fact there aren't any authorized dealers here to begin with, so that's definitely not an option. I'll have to fix it myself, and was wondering (actually hoping) someone in this board has had the same problem as I do and found a way to fix it.

Here's what happens: the front panel buttons for mode and loop/switch occasionaly stop responding, but all other buttons work perfectly. I've disassembled the Triaxis more times than I can count, doesn't seem like the problem is related to contact issues in the flat cable connectors. No cold solder joints either it seems, but from the schematics I did notice that there's one port decoder which seems to handle these two buttons almost exclusively.

I would greatly appreciate any help on debugging the circuit, advice like "try shorting pins xx and xx of IC xx and see if that works, if it does then it's likely that xxxx is the culprit" would be truly awesome.

Cheers!

Bump.

Also, has anyone experienced at times other (or most of the) buttons on the front panel not responding? Has anyone found a solution for this?

You can buy a new membrane keypad from Mesa if you do determine that the problem is to do with contacts within the keypad.

Have you spoken to Mesa directly about the debugging procedure? If you explained that sending it from Brazil isn't an option, they might be willing to help you out. The trick is to be very very polite, to appear very very desperate and to sound very very poor!

ando said:
You can buy a new membrane keypad from Mesa if you do determine that the problem is to do with contacts within the keypad.

Have you spoken to Mesa directly about the debugging procedure? If you explained that sending it from Brazil isn't an option, they might be willing to help you out. The trick is to be very very polite, to appear very very desperate and to sound very very poor!

:lol: Thanks for your reply :lol:

Yes I have tried their support and they said it like the only option was to send it to them. At the time I had other issues that I ended up solving myself (the optocoupler at the MIDI input of the Triaxis is prone to failure and makes it behave erractically, changing patches by itself).

I don't think etiher the keypad or the flat cable are the culprit since they only stop responding intermitently now and then. I might try contacting Mesa again if the problem starts to happen more often but since I found my first attempt rather frustrating, I'd seriously consider trying to debug the circuit myself at least once more before talking to them.

I had the same issue with my triaxis. I had to send it back to Mesa 3 times within the last year. My triaxis would " flake out" and scramble indiscriminately to where it became too unreliable. The solution is to send it to Mesa attention John Marshall. Try to avoid Rich Duvall as much as possible. He's frontline and not a technician. We determined the logic board was going bad and I authorized replacement for $275.00 US minus labor. It's been tip top ever since. I also had them replace the membrane on the face panel for $80.00 US

PG13 said:
I had the same issue with my triaxis. I had to send it back to Mesa 3 times within the last year. My triaxis would " flake out" and scramble indiscriminately to where it became too unreliable. The solution is to send it to Mesa attention John Marshall. Try to avoid Rich Duvall as much as possible. He's frontline and not a technician. We determined the logic board was going bad and I authorized replacement for $275.00 US minus labor. It's been tip top ever since. I also had them replace the membrane on the face panel for $80.00 US

When you say same issue, do you mean the soft keys not responding or it changing patches at random? In the later case, the solution is replacing the 6N139 optocoupler, a 1 hour job and less than a dollar worth of parts. I really can't afford to send my Triaxis in for repair right now, especially considering I'm in Brazil, so what I'm really looking for is help in the technical sense.

Latest posts

Back