Triaxis maintenance - outside us

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fhn_lopes

Reaction score
Hi guys. I bought a 2nd hand TA and it needs some checkup and service. I am currently in Malaysia so looking for closer options than sending it to Mesa Boogie. Is 33 workshop still arround?? Any other recommended places in Europe, Australia or Asia??

Thanks

HI there,
I'm totally new to the forum and this is actually my first post... I live in Europe (Luxembourg) and actually the issue you raise seems to be a global one. Since the Gibson purchase of Mesa Boogie and the consequences of COVID and some other supply issues it seems that there is little for Mesa customers/users outside the US. Most of the distributors have abandoned ship or are in such a backlog that people just seek their fortune elsewhere...

I recently bought two triaxis (Phat Mod and V2 latest version) and I was in the same situation as you, checking the Mesa Boogie website for tech support in my area. In the end I was extremely lucky that the local mom and pop store had a retired tech that would on occasion give a hand with repairs and fixed both units that had the typical Triaxis issues (LD 1 drive not functioning - dial worked but no effect on the sound or sudden level drops between presets). Turns out the local shop guy goes into retirement and now I hope I can get the details of the tech and his son who seems to be setting up business.

All this to say that it is quite difficult to get local tech support. I don't know about Malaysia, but it is surely a costly trip to send it over to California, if they accept at all. There has to be some local tech guy that knows his way around midi tube preamps in your area. I'd be happy to give you the details of the local shop, but really not sure this is a good option, the shipping costs will be probably more expensive than the repairs or service costs...

F.

Hi guys. I bought a 2nd hand TA and it needs some checkup and service. I am currently in Malaysia so looking for closer options than sending it to Mesa Boogie. Is 33 workshop still arround?? Any other recommended places in Europe, Australia or Asia??

Thanks
If 33 are around i would definitely go to them!!! I cannot find any recent activity for them...and i know others have stopped mods altogether (Voodoo is out of the mod business) I should figure out how to mod this ****!!!

Thanks guys. 33 cannot accept overseas due to custom taxes. Tried also Singapore and Malaysia service centers and both said they have to send it to MB in California. It is a ***** to work on unfortunately. No one wants to even take a look. Now the fucking channels are like bleeding , I can get no clean sound from rhy modes and it is sounding really fuzzy. Crap.

Sounds you need a full revision and repair... Seems the only alternative is Mesa Boogie... you need to go through the local distributors I guess... did they give you an estimate of time/cost (outside repair costs)? Could quickly lead to getting a replacement one instead... which version do you have ? I hear the Phat mod is the most complex one to fix, one of the reasons Mesa Boogie stopped that version... scarce spare parts etc. so could be that Mesa does not follow up on that one... the best is to call them directly ...

Sounds you need a full revision and repair... Seems the only alternative is Mesa Boogie... you need to go through the local distributors I guess... did they give you an estimate of time/cost (outside repair costs)? Could quickly lead to getting a replacement one instead... which version do you have ? I hear the Phat mod is the most complex one to fix, one of the reasons Mesa Boogie stopped that version... scarce spare parts etc. so could be that Mesa does not follow up on that one... the best is to call them directly ...
The issue is that calling them seems impossible now after Gibson purchase. They put a fucking zendesk that just doesn’t not work, I tried and no reply. Local dealers says it will be over 600us to fix plus shipping. I do not have money to buy another one bc freight and taxes are into play as well. My version is non phat with original lead 1 red circuit, serial below 1500. Not even the 2.0 firmware is installed.

Latest posts

Back