Triaxis => 2:90 help...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tangledchris

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to Mesa Boogie and therefore new to The Boogie Board. I'm currently awaiting shipment of my Triaxis from Ebay, but haven't yet purchased the 2:90 power amp. I will.

I'm pretty happy with my current setup but I wanted to give these bad boys a shot. The only rack equipment I currently own is a TC Electronic G Major and a Furman PC. I also have a DMC Ground Control.

My question is basically, since I want to plan ahead, are there any crazy cables I should get just to simply get myself started? I've downloaded the user manuals for both the Triaxis and the 2:90 but neither seem to do a very good job of treating me like the complete moron that I am. *L* So if anyone would be gracious enough to let me know the absolute basics of hooking up the Triaxis and 2:90 into a 16 ohm cabinet, I would really appreciate it!

Figuring these suckers out is something I really look forward to (really!) but it would be nice to know how to just get started. I want to get a 6 Space rack case for all this stuff too...would a "standard" depth of 17" suffice?

Thanks for your help!!!
--Chris

I used the example in the Triaxis manual for mine and I have the very same setup as you. Accept I have a Behringer foot controller.

Plug the g-major in the triaxis's loop and plug the triaxis into the 2:90. Pretty simple.

What Cab are you using? I plug my 2:90 into my Recto cab in stereo.

You will not be disapointed with it. I loved my previous setup and still do but once I got the triaxis/2:90 it was all over.

Sanchez

Sanchez said:
I used the example in the Triaxis manual for mine and I have the very same setup as you. Accept I have a Behringer foot controller.

Plug the g-major in the triaxis's loop and plug the triaxis into the 2:90. Pretty simple.

What Cab are you using? I plug my 2:90 into my Recto cab in stereo.

You will not be disapointed with it. I loved my previous setup and still do but once I got the triaxis/2:90 it was all over.

Sanchez

I guess I must have overlooked the "suggested wirings" section in the Triaxis manual...d'oh! So I could just use say, standard 1/4" Monster Cables for all that crazy stuff (excluding the speaker and MIDI cables, of course)? Cool!

I have a couple cabs, both Carvin. One has four BR-12 speakers (400w, 8 ohm), the other is the V3 cab (four G12T-75's, 300w @ 16 ohms). Just for OCD's sake, I will probably eventually end up getting a Boogie cab. :D

yes definitely get some midi cables. makes changing all your presets on all your pieces of equipment soooo much easier

Rayder said:
yes definitely get some midi cables. makes changing all your presets on all your pieces of equipment soooo much easier

My 2 cents:

Buy a boogie shock rack, a bunch of neutrik 1/4 inch connectors, good cable, and make the wiring yourself. It will teach you how to solder (unless you already know) and will give self satisfaction.

The boogie rack i mention is to keep your gear safe. any other rack is inferior due to airflow constraints and shock protection.

Jared

George L's or Bill Lawrence cables are solderless and cheaper than mogami or monster since you build them yourself. I suggest you don't skimp on the interconnect cables. The george L or BL cables will also be much neater in your rack since you will cut to size.

Latest posts

Back