Triaxis + 2:90... All my problems solved!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

visualrocker69

Reaction score
'allo!

Due to the recent advice of a forum member, FBMG, I've made some significant changes to how I dial stuff in.

1) On the 2:90, I moved the input setting from instrument to line. The greatly decreased the input level, thereby allowing me to crank... EVERYTHING more!!! ...
This... may have been obvious to some people, but I always just assumed that since I'm using an instrument, it should be on the "instrument" setting. :roll:

2) I set the Triaxis output control at SIX. This has been discussed before on the forum, but here it goes again... A cranked TA results in more preamp tube saturation and consequently a WARMER and more PLEASANT sounding tone!!!
...the danger of this is overloading the opamp used by the Dynamic Voice, so keep that in check. I never, ever, ever, ever raise it about 2.0. For solos, I turn it off altogether.

3) I set the treble LOW!!! As a former Mark IV user, I thought that treble = tone. The lead treble on the MKIV shaped the entire character of the lead channel. It was optimal to set it at 7.5 or 8. On the Triaxis, with such settings, I had a very... fizzy/buzzy sound. It never occured to me to turn the treble down. Said forum member gave me that piece of advice, and OH MY GOD. What a difference!!! I now set it to 5.0 or 5.5. I compensate with the presence at 3.5 or higher. Sometimes I even add a hair of presence on the power amp. Just a hair, though :)

Anyway, after making all those changes, I couldn't be happier with my Triaxis/2:90! I'm still not convinced that THIS is MY sound, but it is definately a GOOD sound. And that will, at least for now, suffice 8)

CONGRATS!

So, can you use this set up for recording or do you recommEnd something like the 20/20?

TREVOR/chata ching bada bing bang!... :oops:

trevort said:
CONGRATS!

So, can you use this set up for recording or do you recommEnd something like the 20/20?

TREVOR/chata ching bada bing bang!... :oops:

It's definately recording friendly. I don't know what people are talking about when they say the 2:90 is too loud. Actually, I have a G Major in between the TA and 290 but I don't think its reducing the volume much if any. It also is pretty transparent in terms of not colouring the tone in a detremental way...

It's recording freindly? The 20/20 or the 2:90?
Or both? The 2:90 isn't too loud for recording?

I bought a 20/20 and a Triaxis on line used. Is this a good recording set up?

Thanks Trevor/chata ching bada bing bang!... :p

i record with my triaxis and 2:90 with no problems. i use a single mic close in, then i put heavy blankets over it to cut down on the volume so i dont blow my ears out.

Dudes... how is the 2:90 too loud? Do you have your input level on LINE instead of INSTRUMENT?

These are my lead settings, and they're a perfectly reasonable practice volume. Fairly loud, but not...blasting. Not nearly loud enough to be in a band setting.

Triaxis
Mode: Lead 2 Yellow
Gain: 7.5
Treble: 5.5
Middle: 4.5
Bass: 3.5
Lead Drive: 7.5
Master: 4.5
Presence: 3.5
Dynamic Voice: 2.0
Output Level: 6

2:90
Level: 10-11 O'clock
Presence: just a tad to compensate for low treble if needed.
Deep: OFF
Modern: OFF
1/2 Drive: OFF

If I were playing with a band, I'd set the 2:90 input back to INSTRUMENT, and that would greatly increase the overall potential volume!

1,2 and 3 are in the MANUAL.
Why the hell didn't you read its manual ???!!!
Tell me Wwhy pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease !!!!!!!!!
It's called manual ,you have to ready it!!!
Tell me why pleeeeeeeeease!!!!!!!
Lord I can't stand stupidity.
Yes I am harsh,why ? because it is in the manual for god sake !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
buttons and stuff are not suppose to guess how they work,that's why MANUALS exist.
Pleaaaaaase tell me why is so difficult reading them,why ??????
Why lord why,tell me why ???( helloween said)
And you complained about I called you brainless !!!!!!!!!
Dude your are not only brainless,you don't have a head !!!!!!!
Please tell me why ??????????????????????????????????????????

Latest posts

Back