Trem-o-verb vs MarkIV

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunyok23

Reaction score
I just got a tremoverb. Im now thinking of selling my rackmount MarkIV.

what do you guys think? tremoverb or markIV?

bunyok23 said:
I just got a tremoverb. Im now thinking of selling my rackmount MarkIV.

what do you guys think? tremoverb or markIV?

Mark IVs are well-loved here, but for me, if I had to choose it would be the Tremoverb. I like the sounds better and its just a lot easier to work with IMO. The Mark IV drove me crazy trying to optimize the sound on all the channels at once.

D7

i have actually the same thing in mind.tremoverb is a lot easier to work with. Mark IV has lots of options and is a tweaker.

Mark IV is great amp. 5-Band EQ comes in handy when just a simple tweak between songs.

But Trem-o-Verb, two independent tones, gain, master controls, two mode settings for each channel and add switchable between tube or solid state rectifier ...

You may have started a big debate:

Less Filling, taste great.

Chevy - Ford

PC - Mac

Gibson - Fender

Sean Connery - Roger Moore

Dimarzio - Seymour Duncan ...

Tremoverb

Tastes Great

Ford

PRS :shock:

Roger Moore

PRS :shock:

:lol: :wink: :twisted:

My vote is keep both. If you have to sell one, then, keep the amp that you get more of your desired tones from. With both you have the basic Mesa palette of tones. The Mark will never do Rec bottom or sag. The tremolo and reverb aren't really points of discussion because they aren't better than outboard effects. The Tremoverb will not be as tight nor sing as well as the Mark. If I could only have one of those I would keep the Mark. The price of Recs is slowly coming down and you would be able to replace the T-verb for cheaper than you got it for this time. There again there are lots of Marks out there and they are still in production thus making the replacement fo the Mark ultimately easier even if not as cost efficient.

This could be a big debate like RR said:

chicken - egg

creation - evolution

In a perfect world I would have both. But I sold the Mark IV and kept the tremoverb. I just love that amp. Much easier for me to get my tone in it than the Mark Iv.

I have both and love both. I do prefer my Mark IV at the moment but was playing my Trem-o-verb earlier today and **** that thing sounds good.

I was considering getting rid of the Trem-o-verb, cause I havn't been using it much lately, but after playing it this afternoon, I remember why I love that amp so much and why it is the amp I have had longer than any other.

I personally would keep both. They are completely different beast.

Latest posts

Back