The rig & a place to hear what it produces

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soulsharborax

Reaction score
Where you can hear
http://www.myspace.com/soulsharbor

Current Touring Rig

Guitars
Michael Kelly Custom Vex Deluxe Black Vapor (Tuning C)
Michael Kelly Custom Vex Deluxe Black (Tuning A#)
Michael Kelly Custom Vex Deluxe Blood Red (Tuning C#)

Amps
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier (3 Channel)

Cabinets
2 Mesa Boogie 4x12 Slant Cabs (Oversized)

ATA Cases
Saints Row Custom Case Company 4x12 Live In Case w/ Trap Door On Back
Saints Row Custom Case Company 2 Head, 6 Off Set To The Left Rack Space, Foot Controller Space, Extra Cubby Hole On Right

Electronics & Such
Rocktron All Access MIDI Foot Controller
Rocktron PatchMate Loop 8
T.C. Electronics G-Major Effects Processor
Alesis PowerTrip 8 Power Conditioner
Korg DTR2000 Chromatic Rackmount Tuner
Sennheiser EW172G2 Instrument Wireless System
Sennheiser ew300IEM G2 Wireless In-Ear Personal Monitor System
Ultimate Ears UE-11 Custom In Ear Monitors

Things to be added
Right now we are recording so im going to be adding a Foxx Tone Machine, Electro Harmonix POG, G-Major 2, Rocktron Tri-Wah, & Rocktron HEX to my touring rig. I've also gotten Saints Row Cases to build me 2 new ATA Cases. Instead of having 2 seperate cab cases im getting a case that rolls on its back and carries both cabs in one case (HEAVY AS ****!) and im getting a new 2 Head Case w/ 10 Space Rack (I have to do this b/c im a IDIOT and ordered my head case before i bought my road king..i saw it was 2 1/4 inches bigger then the triple rec but didnt think about depth and everything else..needless to say it didnt fit haha)...the bottom 2 Spaces are going to have a drawer for the Tone Machine and POG that i wont have on the floor. Im also getting a pedal board made for my All Access and 2 Rocktron Pedals

mail.jpg

This picture was taken after i bought my road king II and found out i was going to have to sell it...it doesnt have the rocktron loop 8 in it but everything else mentioned should be

Just a few questions . When it coes to the distortion tones how do the road king and triple compare to each other. Are they both pretty similar ? And if you could only pick one which one would it be ? Also how much did you pay for the cases to fit the cab and the amps in. Thanks

Dave

whats up dave....as for the cases..i cant really say b/c im endorsed by them and i get a different price...but i will def say that its WELL WORTH contacting jason and at least getting a quote for what you want...he is very well priced and a killer dude..and its not like getting cases form one of those huge companies....the person your talking to on the phone or online is the dude making it...its only him, his partner and his drummer making these things..and they are built AWESOME with all top of the line ****....you can contact him here http://www.myspace.com/saintsrowcaseco

now as for the ? about the dirty channels...i have always loved the triple rec (i have ALOT more experience with it b/c i recently just got the road king however i mean there is just sooo much more you can do with the road king so i would for sure keep that if i could only keep one...4 channels...the choice between tubes..2 loops...cab selection...its nuts..its like a f'n spaceship wiht all of the controls...at first when i plugged it in..i thought it sounded a little gritty...but i messed around with the settings and got it sounding killer...so deep and if your chest its insane..then on another channel i hit up my buddy blake from in this moment and got his roadster settings and put that on one of teh channels and its sooo heavy....i still have dialed in my clean tone yet...but so far its already sounding better then my triple...but i know i can dial it in better....

Good deal I'll check out their cases for sure and thanks for the response about the 2 amps. Before I bought my amp I researched everything I could and now I'm kinda doing the same for the rectos. I checked out your band on myspace. Awesome stuff and a lot of good tones going on. Have a good one.

Dave

hey thanks for the kind words..that really means alot....as for the amps...its so hard..i guess it kinda matters what market your in $$$ wise....if you can afford the 3 g's i woiuld say def go with the road king II but if you just want to throw down 2 g's i would def say triple is the way to go...i dont know what kinda deals are going on in ebay world (or if your the type of person that likes to buy **** off of there..im kinda iffy about it) but the main atlanta guitar center had 2 triple recs a couple weeks ago used for 1500 but like brand new

No problem, I enjoyed the music a lot. As for ebay and what not. I'll stick to this board and craigslist. Mainly craigslist because you can just meet in person and not have to worry about maybe getting what you paid for. I went into a sam ash close by and they had a dual recto for 1400 in really good condition. I thought it was new so the music stores around me sometimes get in some good stuff for decent prices. Thanks for your time and I'll keep in mind the things you mentioned especially the cases.

Dave

hell yeah!!! yeah im sure you will find something bad *** on craigs list sometime soon....i have seen a crap load of stuff on there

Updated pictures with all the new gear and new ata cases coming this week hopefully!!!! im stoked!

Back