The Mark III Red Stripe Export Puzzle...

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aceofdaves

Reaction score
Hi all,

First off, what a great board. I found it about a week ago and I've learned an awful lot about my boogie. One of the more exciting things I learned was that the fact that it has a Half-power switch, this doesn't necessarily meant that my amp is a 100/60W model and that this may be a 'mis-labelled' switch for Class-A/Simul.

Having learned this, I set about having a really good look at my amp. It's a long-chassis (half-power switch and reverb on the front), red stripe, serial # ~ 21xxx. It's also an export model so it has the red voltage-selector on the back. This is the reason I went for it - I moved it from Maryland, US to Glasgow, Scotland that 'teh br00talz' could continue unabated across the Atlantic! I'm running 4x6L6s in the power section at the moment and this is what it had when I bought it.

So, I've done my research. There's no SimulClass sticker on the back or on the underside of the chassis next to the tubes. I opened her up to see what was written on the side of the chassis, looking for the 'D' that would denote a Simul amp, nothing. No writing of any kind in fact. The last thing - the transformer. The small, black transformer on the right of the head is what I'm taking to be the important one here. I was looking for 'SC-562003' or '004' but what I've got is '562100'. I found a (vague) mention of this OT as the export transformer, but no indication as to whether it was used in the simul class amps.

Can anyone say with any authority that my amp is 100/60 or simul?

Thanks!

Hey,

looks like you have a 100/60 version. from what I have read, thats the number for the stock mark III OT, non simul. The export should have to do with the PT.

scott

Ahhhh OK. That's great, thanks.

It's nice to hear that definitively said. It almost seemed from my reading that the only way to identify a 100/60W was through an absence of Simul class markings!

Latest posts

Back