studio preamp with no inputs on the front

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrhaze

Reaction score
I have a Mesa studio preamp that does not have the inputs on the front.. it just has the inputs on the back. is this a older model or a newer model ?

Older.
Does it not have a big fat serial number sticker on it? I've only seen one like that on ebay recently and it was #1 supposedly. You'll also find build dates on the big transformer inside and on the edge of the circuit board, I predict 86. If it still has the serial number I'd be interested in hearing it.

Thanks for the info.. I'm on the road tonight but will check that out when I get home tomorrow..

Well I guess this is number 84 of the first studio's made.. I haven't opened it up to check out the date but I will sometime this week end..

Well I'll be poppin it back out next week when my other preamp arrives.. I'll then check the control pot dates.. just to be sure.. I had one of these with the inputs in the rear only, back in the early 1990's and always wondered back then about these.

Latest posts

Back