Studio .22 and MC90 speaker: A good match?

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfchild

Reaction score
Anyone put an MC90 in their Studio .22?

Might be able to pick one up cheap... worth doing?

W.

Absolutely!! It makes the amp far more versatile, better cleans and sweeter dirt, more headroom and just better sounding-

The Black Shadow Celestion 90 was an upgrade from the Vintage 50 for the Studio .22+

You can try it, but most people say that there isn't a better match for the .22 than the stock Vintage 50. I'd assume there'd be more bass response, top end, and headroom with the C90. But the Vintage 50 really suits the .22.

I don't know, Photi--Lotsa threads on here with people not liking the Vintage 50 as much. It's OK, but the 90 is tonal bliss. OTOH I plan to use the 50 in an extension cab. Should be a good fit.

No, Jim, not overkill at all....EV's are wonderful speakers--a bit out of my price range, though I found one reasonably right after I got the MC90. Best sounding Twin Reverb I ever heard had a pair or EVs in it. My back and shoulders would not approve, though.

Bob Anthony said:
Best sounding Twin Reverb I ever heard had a pair or EVs in it. My back and shoulders would not approve, though.

you know how espn2 will show the "world's strongest man" contest from like 1991? that could be an event: carry the twin with EV's in and out of a club! those shows are hilarious. there's always some burly viking dude named Magnus or something.

Back