Stand for Transatlantic and widebody 1X12

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mke52

Reaction score
I'm looking for a stand for this setup instead of using chairs and crates.
Has anyone found the right one?

Depends on how high you want it. Besides another widebody 1X12, the Rectifier vertical 2X12 works great if you need more height. I've been thinking about that setup for an amp head I'm having built - or at least will be when I get the cash.

David

It's a little more involved but not that bad really: I got an On Stage Heavy Duty T stand (tried to include a Musicians Friend link but their site was acting up - if you search the site for that product it will come right up), it's for keyboards, and made a real simple top for it from a length of 2X14 wood painted flat black. I use the top on the stand as a "table" for the amp head and I put my Verbzilla pedal right next to the head on the top - the stand can be adjusted wide enough to put a 1X12 or 2X12 under it, and I tilt the cab back with a simple wooden wedges - that stand is really easy to carry, it folds up well and it's not heavy, and the hunk of 2X14 is just that, a hunk of wood, I used wood screws to screw some square rubber "feet" things you put under chair legs, on the underneath side of the table top to keep it in place once the stand is opened up - the stand makes a big X so it's easy to mark where you need the rubber stoppers on the bottom of the 2X14 piece of wood. It actually looks pretty sleek, with the flat black top - using wedges under the cab keeps it in contact with the floor for good bass response, and I did use Weber Beam Blockers on the speakers so the sound field in front of the cab is very wide and even, no high-end beam of death from the cab - there are other solutions to that beam thing and a Gear Page search for that will give you stuff to read on that for days - I find the Beam Blocker to work real well in the bars I've played in. The piece of wood is large enough to keep extra picks, a cold beverage, a cleaning cloth on during the set. makes for a nice musical work station area and takes up no more room on stage than the cab itself. I originally did this for a Bogner Duende cab and 1X12 and now use it for my Transatlantic rig with either a Lonestar long 1X12 cab, or an old Matchless 2X12 depending on the room size.

Thanks to all! i'll check if the these stands are available in Europe; in the meantime i'll stick with a chair lol
thanks again

Latest posts

Back