Spongy setting broke? HELP

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dual rec king

Reaction score
When I go from diode to spongy all the volume is lost ALL of it. I have to max the amps output and master to even hear a little bit of it.. i dont know what happend. I used it on spongy then i woke up and this happened. What controls the spongy mode?...

Also for any one that likes dream theater.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ctkNJYsZ1M

but seriously what the hell is up with the spongy mode.. thanks

Do you mean diode to rectifier or bold to spongy? It's two different things. But if you're talking about diode to rectifier, then you probably have a bad rectifier tube.

like when i stay on spongy it doesnt have volume. But if i switch to diode there is volume and its fine. So i need help with what is making spongy not have volume the amp on diode sounds great and runs fine (as you can tell from the video :p)

The only thing that controls the spongy mode is a switch. It taps into a different winding on the power transformer. Most likely it's the switch because bold uses the same windings plus some.

Jak0lantern01 said:
Do you mean diode to rectifier or bold to spongy? It's two different things. But if you're talking about diode to rectifier, then you probably have a bad rectifier tube.
Yeah, Do you see what JakOlantern01 is saying?
The switch for Bold/ Spongy is on the front of the amp. The switches for Diode/ Rectifier are on the back side of the amp.
Which one are you referring to? That would help someone narrow down the problem better for you.

Good luck.
I like the camera shot from the headstock by the way. 8)

sorry its the bold selection works and the spongy doesnt. when i go from bold to spongy, on spongy no volume, - Diodes has no use or involvement in this. Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Latest posts

Back