Show us your Stilettos

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woody said:
Robstar
When you gig with this amp do you use a amp stand, how you keep it off the floor?

Hey Woody, I just got the amp this week and literally set it up anxious to play until I get the G-Major prepped and a small rack set up. I did purchase a combo stand for the cab since I've always preferred a straight ear-shot to a cabinet which is probably left over from growing up where stacks and half-stacks were THE standard. A straight ear-shot also gives me a better idea of what is going straight to a mic and to the board.

My plan is to use the combo stand for the cab and set the head on a shelf top that is more eye level. Having come off a ten year hiatus my chops are nowhere near gig ready for now but that will change. As soon as I get my final setup done I'll post another photo.

....and mine....

stiletto_ace.jpg

Dusty Rhodes said:
jdurso said:
Charlie said:
Here ya go:

:wink:

Btw you'll need a place to host your image so you can post a link to it within the page.

that might be the most gorgeous amp i've ever seen

What's the story on the Gold Top? Relic?

I keep meaning to go back to the store I bought it from to get the story straight again. I think it was in a fire or something... but it looks like it started life as a standard or maybe a custom. It doesn't appear to be a proper gold top because there is still some black paint left over on the back in some places where it appears to have been stripped down for whatever reason. The 'gold top' appears to just be a bad attempt at somebody turning this thing into one.

I was never into Les Pauls... they never felt right to me until I played this one. I really like that all of the paint is stripped off and I can really feel the wood when I play it. Most Les Pauls feel like a big hunk of plastic to me.

too much finish on the wood?

take some nail polish remover and start - aceton will also do the job.

don't laugh: i really had done this to the neck of my 02 ebony standard. before it was always feeling like the neck was dirty, with fine dust or something. after treating with lots of superhighgrade sandpaper it still was giving that feeling (though looking mirror polished). then rubbing with nail polish remover the lacquer still shines and the "dirty" feeling is gone - but it definetely removes the paint ;-)

Dusty Rhodes said:
sgtbaker said:
11738175596439wz3.png

She's gone now :cry:

Was it a reissue or vintage? What's the scoop?

The cab is a reissue. It's a 1960AX made in 2001. I still have it, but I swapped the Greenbacks out for V30's just because the head was 100 watts and so was the cab so I wanted a little more room.

Latest posts

Back