Sexy Trem-O-Verb

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vitor gracie

Reaction score
So I thought I would post a pic of the recently re-done face plate on my "new-old" Trem-O-Verb. The same factory grill cloth from Orange was used. It's a '96, attached power chord, weird but awesome older "pointer style" Recto Knobs and the best old Recto tones I have had the pleasure of getting. This head doesn't quite sound as good as my Combo (A-B'ed through the same Orange cab) as I bought it with LDR issues. However, in a month or so I'll send it straight to Mesa to have it given the once over to get the minor switching issues resolved. It does sound better then when I bought it after a major (and expensive repair) but I think it needs some Mesa love.

My combo was purchased in '96 brand new in the store and had sat there for a year or even longer. I think it could be a '94? It was my very first Mesa ever. Theres a cool story about it as well that I posted here when I first got it back in Milwaukee.

http://forum.grailtone.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=41209

TOV's both sound FANTASTIC through the Orange cabs. I'll be getting a matching Black Orange 4X12 very soon after my Recto 4X12 sells (its in mint condition and a rare straight cab)
Thanks to all the folks on this forum who keep the hype alive regarding the TOVs. In my, and many people here's opinion, they are the best Dual Rectifier that Mesa has ever produced...and I have owned a LOT of them.
Enjoy!

DSCN0674.jpg

For the record, all the damage to the amps chasis...was me. :) I used to be pretty "punk-rock" about my gear. I have repented of my old sineful ways. :lol:

DSCN0685.jpg

DSCN0671.jpg

Thanks for viewing/reading. LONG LIVE THE TOV!!!!!!

Nice :D I'm usually a black cloth kinda guy but that looks great!

Soma said:
Nice :D I'm usually a black cloth kinda guy but that looks great!

Ya know, to be honest...I wasn't a fan of the Orange wheat or wicker w/e style grill cloth either when I first got the cab. I bought it strictly for the sound. All my stuff was black including my guitars. But I gotta tell you, the bigger the shows, the deeper the stages and the darker the contrast of lighting on the stage and when the show is on the screens. All of my gear would just get lost in that stuff. The amazing contrast of the wheat grill to the black is just so cool when you see it in pictures, video, tv, the screen... all of that stuff. It makes your gear REALLY pop out instead of blend with the back round. I'm starting to realize that all of those things effect the viewer in the seats to put on a better or more professional presentation (however you wanna look at it)

For example, I saw Muse years ago off the Absolution tour at a smaller venue in Milwaukee. Their gear (as well as the drummer) was practically invisible and I know that he uses some seriously sick guitar amps. I was a little bummed cuz it's part of the show. So I just wanted stuff that the viewer could appreciate as well as the non-gear fan. I know every single show I go to...WITHOUT FAIL... I am looking at what they are playing and telling my wife what it is, who makes it, how much it costs, etc. So since everyone does the black amp rig thing, or in the case of rectos, the tread-plate, I just wanted to be a little different.

I posted this pic I took with my iPhone (low rez) from an event I did recently. It's in another thread, but this is with the stage lighting. The rig pops out nicely...

Rig2.jpg

Very :).

The blue jewel lights are cool too. I did that to mine.

I also swapped the tremolo knobs for the Loop Active Master and loop selector from the back - it always looked odd to me with the LAM being a different color, like it fell off and someone just replaced it with whatever they had. But it looks cool with all the 'tone' knobs chrome and the tremolo knobs black.

Oh, and I swapped the LEDs for the FX loop and the 6L6 bias setting, so now it has orange/green/red on the front (more like traffic lights :) ) and yellow/red (for warm/hot) on the back.

But I'm like that...

Totally see what you mean, it creates a nice contrast that stands out.

Cheers.

Latest posts

Back