Serial Number question

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Facelift

Reaction score
Why is it that people that own the mark series amps dont post the full serial number and get in a huff when they see others post it? Is there some kind of conspiracy going on with serial numbers or something? Please enlighten me.

There have been cases where people file claims stating that the amp was stolen and use the serial number to
file that claim. It's not just Mark series amps but could be anything with a serial number.
Often you see guitars with the last portion of the serial number blanked out as well.

DaveP said:
There have been cases where people file claims stating that the amp was stolen and use the serial number to
file that claim. It's not just Mark series amps but could be anything with a serial number.
Often you see guitars with the last portion of the serial number blanked out as well.

+100...true dat!

All the Best,
~Nep~

I can see that. Never really thought about it that way Was there a rash of amps, guitars, ect that came up in fake auctions that serial numbers were seen that were currently owned by someone other than the sellers? Not doubting this happening, just would like to know of any instances where this actually happened. Im assuming that documenting the ins and outs of my gear will help if this does come up right?

Latest posts

Back