Roadster - Roadking clean ch.

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fusguitar

Reaction score
Hi guys

The description for roadking ?? says:
"?mproved Channel 1 & 2 now features CLEAN and FAT from our acclaimed LoneStar..."
Does this mean that Roadking I didn't have the clean from Lonestar?

So, the roadster has the clean ch from Roadking(lonestar) and Roadking didnt have always the lonestar clean. This means that roadster has the clean of lonestar from a certain period and later...right?

Can we know from which period and later is this excist? I mean is there a serial number or something or a date production guide?? (I'm planning to buy a roadster and clean ch is essential for me and i want the best possible).

TFridgen said:
The Roadster has always had the Lonestar cleans.

I've wondered if it's (Roadster Clean,) the same as the Roadking. The Roading II Catalog always uses the phrase "Improved Channel 1 & 2 now features CLEAN and FAT from our acclaimed LoneStar® - our best clean ever" The Roadster catalog only mentions the Lonestar reverb circuitry. I'm waiting still to try out my new Roadster I haven't compared it yet to my old RK II, but I wish I could find a source where it is worded that way. Then again, the Roadster catalog DOES read that the Roadster is a Roadking with some of the features removed...so...I guess I'm just nitpicking

The clean channel on the Roadster Combo I played sounded amazingly majestic especially with a little warm tube reverb. I compared it to the lone star it sounded identical, of coarse there is some more features on the lone star that is not identical to the Roadster. Either way the Roadster Clean, and every other channel on the amp SMOOOOOOKES! for whatever style you play.

I own both the roadster and the lonestar and can tell very little difference on the cleans between the two and thats only because I was really looking for a difference . They are both great!

electrickn said:
TFridgen said:
The Roadster has always had the Lonestar cleans.

I've wondered if it's (Roadster Clean,) the same as the Roadking. The Roading II Catalog always uses the phrase "Improved Channel 1 & 2 now features CLEAN and FAT from our acclaimed LoneStar® - our best clean ever" The Roadster catalog only mentions the Lonestar reverb circuitry. I'm waiting still to try out my new Roadster I haven't compared it yet to my old RK II, but I wish I could find a source where it is worded that way. Then again, the Roadster catalog DOES read that the Roadster is a Roadking with some of the features removed...so...I guess I'm just nitpicking

When Mesa started to produced RK 1, did the Roadster came out at the same time (as the "little brother")? because if yes, then the first Roadster products (RK 1 series) has not the Lonestar clean...Roadster has to had the Lonestar clean after the release of RK II...

Maybe i am also just nitpicking my friend....

I think the Roadster wasn't in production until the Roadking II came out; I believe the whole reason for the Roadster was because a lot of people wanted the Roadking II but were daunted by the complexity of it..so out came the Roadster.

The Roadster rolled out at the same time as the Roadking II. I know there were several things that were changed from the RK1 and 2- the trigger switch on the footswitch was replaced by the tuner mute (Ithink...), also the parallel loop was replaced by a series loop (both loops are serial), and reverb and clean modes were improved thanks to the Lonestar. I always wanted a RK, but the Roadster was more realistic for me. Having a friend with a Roadking 1, I can tell you that the RKII is superior IMHO because of the way better clean modes.

Laskyman

I just got my Roadster Head in. Simply amazing. The cleans are soooo much better than my dual Rec. I haven't gigged or rehersed with it yet, so I'll save the RK II comparison for later; but I had it prettty loud in my living room, and it's really something. The overdriven tone is different than the Dual Rectifier as well; I think someone mentioned "darker," I agree.

Back