Roadster on its way!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome dude!
I'm also gathering up the cash to get mine, I don't know if I'm getting it used or new yet.

Post some clips when you get that beast! :twisted:

thanks guys!

everyone tells me great things and having only played a dual rec and a lonestar combo seperately, i thought wow imagine combining the two. so, i didn't play it before buying it. I bought on on-line reviews, the reviews and comments on this board, and ALOT of researching and studying on mesa in general.

best part is that i recently starting writing music with a friend of mine who plays bass and we're doing a really awesome project right now that is sort of Dream Theater meets Porcupine Tree meets Pat Martino meets Between the Buried and Me meets alot of stuff. it's definitely a "fusion" or amalgamation of genres. we're recording in Virginia late this summer, so i'll get to tweak the roadster to my likings and then use it in the studio, i'm really stoked!

Symmetry2170 said:
thanks guys!

everyone tells me great things and having only played a dual rec and a lonestar combo seperately, i thought wow imagine combining the two. so, i didn't play it before buying it. I bought on on-line reviews, the reviews and comments on this board, and ALOT of researching and studying on mesa in general.

best part is that i recently starting writing music with a friend of mine who plays bass and we're doing a really awesome project right now that is sort of Dream Theater meets Porcupine Tree meets Pat Martino meets Between the Buried and Me meets alot of stuff. it's definitely a "fusion" or amalgamation of genres. we're recording in Virginia late this summer, so i'll get to tweak the roadster to my likings and then use it in the studio, i'm really stoked!

welcome to the club..... i would say look into an eq pedal for the loop especially if your going to be recording... it helps you dial in more finely..... what type of cab are you going to be going into? definitely post some clips when your done recording.... sounds like a mix i would like :lol:

also when you get your amp i would recommend starting with the settings in the back of the manual... they're a good point of reference to dialing in exactly what you want.... i just recently did that with all my channels.... basically picked the setting that was closest then adjusted accordingly

have fun with it dude. it's the best amp i've ever owned and DEFINITELY get the MXR 10-band EQ to throw in the loop.

welcome to the club..... i would say look into an eq pedal for the loop especially if your going to be recording... it helps you dial in more finely..... what type of cab are you going to be going into? definitely post some clips when your done recording.... sounds like a mix i would like :lol:

also when you get your amp i would recommend starting with the settings in the back of the manual... they're a good point of reference to dialing in exactly what you want.... i just recently did that with all my channels.... basically picked the setting that was closest then adjusted accordingly[/quote]

At first I'll be going through my Peavey XXL 4x12, but once that's sold which is hopefully soon i'm either going to get an Avatar 2x12 or some other 2x12 with Vintage 30's. i had planned on getting the Boss EQ pedal as well to go in the effects loop. I already have their NS-2 noise gate, would that go through the effects loop as well or would that go direct into the input?

I really dont see the need of running a noisegate with the roadster. Its fairly quiet amp, unless you have the gain at 2o'clock +

vertigo_ said:
I really dont see the need of running a noisegate with the roadster. Its fairly quiet amp, unless you have the gain at 2o'clock +

very true.... that took me by suprise because i needed a noise gate with almost every higain amp ive owned

and as for the eq... iw ould look into something like a maxon ge601.... i tried the maxon and the boss side by side and the maxon doesnt color the tone at all... the boss i found to thin out the signal a little... people around here also seem to like the mxr eqs... none the less i think they're a must with any recto.... also as far as cabs i would take a look at something a little beefier than the avatars.... ive heard good things about them just not with rectos.... havent played one personally but have read some posts that people dont really like them with rectos.... on the other hand i would try and find a used mesa 2x12 or something like a vht or Basson.... something that can handle the lows without farting out

Latest posts

Back