ROADSTER & MESA 4X12 SOUND (NEED HELP)

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guerreromex

Reaction score
I HAVE A ROADSTER & A 4X12 MESA CAB AWESOME RIG.....BUT FOR SOME REASON WHEN I PLAY MY BASS STRINGS MY SPEAKERS SOUND LIKE CRAP.CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHAT I'M DOING WRONG TO GET THIS SOUND WHEN PLAYING MY BASS STRINGS? THANKS KENNY

CRAP SOUND IS THE SPEAKER KINDA SOUNDING LIKE IT BLOWN ,SETTINGS ARE ALL DIFFERENT ON EACH CHANNEL MID ABOUT HALF,BASS 3/4,TREB 3/4,3/4 PRESENCE,GAIN A LITTLE PAST HALF.

HOW LOUD ARE YOU PLAYING WHEN IT STARTS TO SOUND LIKE CRAP? THE BASS 3/4 OF THE WAY UP IS PRETTY HIGH FOR A RECTO AT LOUD VOLUMES

Sounds like someone is a bit hard of hearing from too much loud ROCK AND ROLL!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I recommend taking a look at some of the settings in the back of the manual and tweaking the settings a bit fromt there.

good luck.

Agreed the bass at 3/4 is going to be way to much at high volume - my rule of thumb for the Roadster is 1/2 MAXIMUM for bass, but I generally keep it even lower than half. I hate to point out the obvious, but if you're getting a sound like the speaker is blown...have you checked to see if maybe it is?

I don't think I have ever taken the Bass past 1 o'clock...

Also depends on other variables, such as the cab. With my Roadster, I run it with the Stiletto straight 4X12 cab, so I can afford to turn up the bass just a hair more...

Latest posts

Back