Roadster makeover (knobs) w/ pic!

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

formisano

Reaction score
I have been thoroughly enjoying my Roadster, but I had one big problem with it: I couldn't easily read the knobs at a glance. Having come from a DC-5, and then more recently a Stiletto, I was accustomed to being able to clearly see the positions of the knobs. I considered just replacing the Roadster knobs with Stiletto knobs, but the Stiletto are little bigger in diameter than Rectifier knobs, and they would cover (just slightly) the labels of the controls on the front panel. But I was able to track down a Stiletto-type knob with the same exact diameter of the rectifier knob. The results are fantastic!

(And actually, I have a few extra sets if anyone else was looking for something like this for your Dual Rec, Roadster, or Road King. Drop me a line).

DSCN0022.jpg

DSCN0024.jpg

Looks awesome and i can actually see your setting better than mine that are right here....the silver knob with a gold recessed dot....what were they thinking! Where did you get the knobs from?

Those look like the new Mark V knobs...

formisano said:
I have been thoroughly enjoying my Roadster, but I had one big problem with it: I couldn't easily read the knobs at a glance. Having come from a DC-5, and then more recently a Stiletto, I was accustomed to being able to clearly see the positions of the knobs. I considered just replacing the Roadster knobs with Stiletto knobs, but the Stiletto are little bigger in diameter than Rectifier knobs, and they would cover (just slightly) the labels of the controls on the front panel. But I was able to track down a Stiletto-type knob with the same exact diameter of the rectifier knob. The results are fantastic!

(And actually, I have a few extra sets if anyone else was looking for something like this for your Dual Rec, Roadster, or Road King. Drop me a line).

DSCN0022.jpg

DSCN0024.jpg

TheBlackman said:
Looks awesome and i can actually see your setting better than mine that are right here....the silver knob with a gold recessed dot....what were they thinking! Where did you get the knobs from?

I got them from a vendor in Japan. I had to buy them in bulk (120 pieces) to get a reasonable price. It came out to just under a dollar each, (compared to $5.00 each direct from Mesa). If you're interested, let me know.

BRO!... THIS is the answer I was looking for.

Thanks for posting pics too! Makes my shopping one stop and easy. ;)

I'll take a set of those off your hands if you got em. Let me know the price shipped to MA and what your Paypal address is (if you take PP).

I think I need a minimum of 26 (to do the entire front) but would buy up to 31 (to get the 4 reverb and one slave knob in the rear).

I don't think the foot pedal assignment or fx loop mix needs them. They are black, a different size and are kinda fire and forget anyway.

Did you do the back knobs and what are your thoughts on this?

Jmango said:
BRO!... THIS is the answer I was looking for.

Thanks for posting pics too! Makes my shopping one stop and easy. ;)

I'll take a set of those off your hands if you got em. Let me know the price shipped to MA and what your Paypal address is (if you take PP).

I think I need a minimum of 26 (to do the entire front) but would buy up to 31 (to get the 4 reverb and one slave knob in the rear).

I don't think the foot pedal assignment or fx loop mix needs them. They are black, a different size and are kinda fire and forget anyway.

Did you do the back knobs and what are your thoughts on this?

Cool, you've got PM.

I didn't do the back knobs because I tend to just set them all and leave them.

Actually when i was first looking at boogies i really wanted a recto because the knobs looked so badass on the amp but upon actually trying one out it was a huge pain to find that little dimple each time you wanted to tweak something (and for a boogie...yeah)

http://www.tubesandmore.com/ I think these are the knobs if someone needs them. I don't think the lik takes you right there, It's under knobs, and then basic knobs $1.50ea
KNOB - BLACK W/LINE SET SCREW .75 X .50

P-K344

Comes with set screw and brass insert, 1/4" shaft.

jamme61 said:
http://www.tubesandmore.com/ I think these are the knobs if someone needs them. I don't think the lik takes you right there, It's under knobs, and then basic knobs $1.50ea
KNOB - BLACK W/LINE SET SCREW .75 X .50

P-K344

Comes with set screw and brass insert, 1/4" shaft.

The OP has them for sale for a buck each... better deal... :)

When I read the title I was thinking "Whoopty doooo" Knobs. But I like it a lot. It looks very cool and you see the settings really nice. I have to look into it ... Ebay time. What size posts ?

I really like the look of the stock knobs on the Roadster - those metal knobs look so industrial - but I have to admit that I never have a clue as to how the amp is set just by looking at it. I'm not quite ready to change them out, but after looking at this post I may rethink that. Either that or figure out a way to make the current knobs easier to see. For a buck or so a piece these knobs might be the best option though.

David

My wife is going to a craft shop after supper. I'll tag along to see if I can find some type of small stickers to apply on the knobs to make them easier to read from a distance.

Jacko123 said:
My wife is going to a craft shop after supper. I'll tag along to see if I can find some type of small stickers to apply on the knobs to make them easier to read from a distance.

i've seen some people take paint and mark the little dots on the stock Rectifier knobs with a bright color, in one instance bright red, to make it easier to see. You might try red, white, or maybe bright green? Just a thought.

-AJH

Jacko123 said:

I've seen people glue a bead into the little dimple of the knobs.

Latest posts

Back