Roadster Bias Resisitor Identified

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mansfieldguitars

Reaction score
Well I have finally taken the time to trace the bias circuit in my roadster and identify the resistor that needs to be changed. This is the same bias circuit used on the 6L6's in the Roadking II for anyone that might have the schematic for a roadking. The roadster has a fixed 15k resistor for the el34's. The roadking has a trim pot for the el 34's. I have the parts on order to convert mine and when it's done, I'll post some pics. I prefer to add another resistor in series with the trimpot as a safety. A resistor is alot cheaper than replacing burnt up output tubes. To make things look neat and professional I have designed a small PCB board to house the trim pot and resistor with 2 wires going to the holes of the original bias resistor. This assembly is going to be for sale to anyone interested with complete instructions and photos on how to do the mod. For those who are not comfortable with working inside the amp I will also offer installation services. For those DIYers I will post pics of the load resistor in the bias circuit that needs to be changed. Any questions or info on purchasing this mod can reach me at

I need some help. I have taken some photos showing the layout and location of the bias load resistor. I just can't figure out how to post them. These pics will help anyone wanting to do the mod themselves. I do not have the PCB boards yet as far as the pre wired assembly goes. When I have that I will post some pics as well.

Thanks
John
Mansfield Guitars
[email protected]
http://www.mansfieldguitars.com
732-738-7776

Ok.....I figured it out. Her are the pics.

RoadsterLayoutJPG.jpg

RoadsterbiasmodJPG.jpg

Latest posts

Back