Road King pre amp mods

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

werdna

Reaction score
Hi,

The second channel on the Road King sucks. I would like to replace it with a JCM800 style preamp channel as per an Electra Dyne. This would involve removing the older channel preamp circuitry and putting in new circuitry. This will depend on how physically separate the channels are.

The reason I want to do this is so that I can run EL34s on channel 2 and 6L6s on channel 1, which I cannot do on my Electra Dyne. As you will be aware, the Road King offers assignability of channels to power amp tubes.

Could someone who knows the schematic to a Road King please let me know if the preamp channels are physically independent of each other, or if they are quite interlinked, like on a Dual Rec?

Regards,

Andrew.

No help here but I have been searching for mods for a Roadster and had no luck.
Wonder why there is so little (none I have found) information on mods for a RK or Roadster?

You can try the pre 500 mod thread that's in the rectifier section here on the board since the road king/roadster share preamps with the dual recto.

Latest posts

Back