Rhythm 1 volume mod?...mark III

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Facelift

Reaction score
I thought i saw a thread around here somewhere about this but cant for the life of me find it or maybe it was just mentioned in a thread. Anyway, as some of you know, in order to get the "bro0tals" out of a mark III, the clean channel is compromised and the volume knob on the gutiar must be rolled back at the same time of switching channels. I myself find this annoying and must be done precisely to avoid looking like an amatuer, I am one, but thats besides the point. :lol: So, is this possible to do without affecting the tone or volume of the other 2 channels? All I really want is to be able to set the volume knob on channel 1, be able to switch to clean and not have it loud as hell. Sorry if this has been asked before but I mostly see this about rhthym 2 mod and never about rhthym 1.

If you do the channel 2 volume mod you will be accomplishing the same thing, allowing separate volume adjustments for all 3 channels. It adds a separate volume pot for channel 2. Maybe I'm not understanding your question.

daveg62 said:
If you do the channel 2 volume mod you will be accomplishing the same thing, allowing separate volume adjustments for all 3 channels. It adds a separate volume pot for channel 2. Maybe I'm not understanding your question.

Hmm, I dont use channel 2 very much, only to blend it with the lead channel every now and then. I guess what im saying is that the volume/pull bright knob all the way to the left is turned up to around 9 most of the time. This adds too much gain for when i switch over to clean causing me to need to roll the volume knob on my guitar back becasue of how loud it is. Is there a way to have a seperate volume for just channel 1 or am I missing something here?

These are generally the basis for the settings Im using with the exception of rhythm 2 pulled. I like the way the lead channel sound with this setup so changing it wont happen to balance it out. Just looking to see if there is a mod that fixes the volume jump on the clean when setup like this.

front.jpg

Well, Im a metal player and am trying to get not necessarily the most gain out of the amp but the most crunch, saturation and sustain while still being somewhat fluidlike. I normally adjust the "Master" to taste depending on how loud I want the overall amp to be. I guess ive used the metallica settings as a base for these settings. I just looked at what they are at right now and the only difference compared to the picture is the Volume is at 9, not 9 1/2, Master is almost 3, Lead drive is at 7. I notice that when the volume isnt at at least 9 it lacks the "bite" im after.

On mine, rolling Volume up from 7 to 9/10 does add some extra hair, but takes away some clarity, but you can clean it up by reducing the lead gain as his settings are...but the opposite if you run it 7/7 (like i have mine now which is more balanced, less fuzzy, but less "brootalz"). I dunno what to tell you Facelift, i've always just been a volume knob ninja. I've been running Volume at 7 and Lead Gain at 6.5. Anything more than that may sound super brutal, but on record it honestly sounds like pure fuzz, it doesn't cut the mark III is so gainy. It turned into pluh on our last EP with the controls set so high. If you wanna check out the new video I made with my new settings it may help you. It sounds less "brutal" but with two guitars in a band it is RITEOUS since you have twice the gain structures interacting in your ears...pure ear candy.

Latest posts

Back