Reverb Tank Repair Parts

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

9astro

Reaction score
Hi. Searched the forums, but there are so many reverb posts, I couldn't find anything relevant.

Does anyone know where I can order replacement transducers and other replacement parts for spring reverb tanks?

I have a few units I'd like to repair, if I can get the parts.

So, there's not one person in this entire community who knows where to source parts to repair reverb tanks?

Since most coils are currently wound with ultra-fine wire and epoxy sealed, they cannot be rewound, and it seems all Marshall 100-watt combos have bad reverb tanks due to excessive vibration destroying the coil wires. They can only be replaced. But, it's quite a waste to throw away the entire unit because of one broken wire.

That’s pretty much how it is. I have looked at broken reverb springs and they aren’t worth the trouble.

Regards

Mark

So, there's not one person in this entire community who knows where to source parts to repair reverb tanks?

Since most coils are currently wound with ultra-fine wire and epoxy sealed, they cannot be rewound, and it seems all Marshall 100-watt combos have bad reverb tanks due to excessive vibration destroying the coil wires. They can only be replaced. But, it's quite a waste to throw away the entire unit because of one broken wire.
www.amprepairparts.com . Give them a shot. Its a long shot but worth a try. Good luck.

Try someone at the California Mesa Boogie tech support. Mike Bendinelli is the man if you’ve got an older amp. Not sure if they sell parts like you apparently need, though.

I the guitar world nobody that I know of stocks replacement parts for reverb tanks because it's just not cost effective when replacement tanks are cheap and easy to install. Your best bet is the major electronic components suppliers, e.g. RS, Farnell, Mouser, Newark etc.

You could try reaching out to Belton, but I'd guess they'd only sell large quantities. I've never seen tank components for sale, likely because the units are cheap. You could also contact someone like Hammond MFG for custom transducer fab if you have specs.

Back