Regrets.....

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GD_NC said:
polaris20 said:
"the kids won't be small forever, and when they're 7 and 10 years old and it's not longer a big deal to play a loud amp, you'll have lost the amp you loved"

This woman speaks a lot of sense.

The amp is still sitting behind me as I type.

Listen to your wife! When my kids were small I sold the Mark IVa (sub 200 serial) I got in 1990. It was too much amp to have around the house; I wasn't playing that much, and could use the $$. Fast foward 5 years later, I start playing again. Then I'm faced with trying to scrounge up $1200 bucks for another one and convice my wife it's a good idea. :D

FYI - I'm still not sure she thinks it's a good idea. :mrgreen:

Yeah I'm keeping it. At some point I'm going to take it in and have both power and output transformers replaced with MM trannies, as well as have the parallel to serial mod done. That'll run me almost as much as I paid for it! :lol: So what though, I love the amp, and I would have gladly paid the $1000 new (or whatever it was they sold for back in the day).

I'll also add a Stiletto Ace to the stable at some point down the road, since it's the perfect yang to my DC-5's yin.

Not selling mine. I had a shootout between it ,my Rivera Chubster and my Palomino V32 and it didnt lose any ground to any of them.Bob

No, not as much low end. It does have much more shimmer and sparkle in the top end than a DC-5 though!

I ran my DC-3 with an EV loaded Thiele cabinet and there was plenty of thump after that!

boogietone said:
Does theDC-3 have as muck low end as the DC-5? Especially in the cleans?
Thanks!

Cant compare as I gont have a DC-5. Besides 6L6's vs EL84's you'd definately expect the 6L6's should win out. That said the DC-3 is by far the punchiest,loudest EL84 amp Ive owned. With that loudness come more thump than Ive heard from one too. Bob

My biggest regret was selling my Boogie DC2 studio cal.15 years ago.But know the DC3 makes up for it in spades. :mrgreen:

bhsbhswarp said:
My biggest regret was selling my Boogie DC2 studio cal.15 years ago.But know the DC3 makes up for it in spades. :mrgreen:
Well track down another one to keep the DC-3 company! lol!Bob

Bump to an old thread for some "regrets"...
Well, i was for many years back and forth between rack and combo/heads with pedals, without be able to decide which one...
Let's start...
I bought the studio caliber. Great little amp, tone-horse but i haven't the versatility of rack/midi system in live.

Sold it (regret!) and i bought a triaxis/2x50/2x12-3/4 back combo. Great but i couldn't make the TA sounds to my taste.

Sold them (except the 2x12-3/4 back) and i bought the F50. Also great, nice cleans and leads but something was missing in the overall sound.

Sold it and i bought again triaxis/50-50. This time, tones was much easier to find them but once again the combo/head/pedals "thing" was in my mind.
Sold the TA, kept the 50/50, one of the greatest power amps out there! A keeper.

Bought the mighty might Roadster. Amazing amp, incredible tones but one day i felt in the trap that all these knobs and switches was too much for me...:-(
Sold it and it was probably the biggest mistake in my gear ever! I wish to had it back...

Anyway.....

last station, i bought the amazing and incredible DC-5!
I have to say that i'm so in love with this amp that i can't find words.
Everything i need is in there from tone perspective. Definetely a lifetime keeper.
Maybe i could score a DC-10 head to match it with my 2x12 3/4 back! :mrgreen:

The only regret I have about my DC-5b combo, is not buying one sooner.

BTW: I have an old Musicman RD 112 Fifty that my wife won't let me sell. I keep tellin' her the Mesa covers it, but she swears I'll regret that if I go through with it

Funny thing is, prior to these two combo amps, I was a total rack-gear guy. I still have my two 1x12 Thiele cabs with an old ADA preamp/poweramp rig plugged into it at the rehearsal space. I got tired of carrying the racks (don't regret that) and the Thieles (heavier than the racks - don't regret that) and went with my DC-5 combo. All FX provided by my TC electronics Nova System (Might be a G-system in the future, I love my Nova)

The only regret I have about the DCs is......that I don´t have one yet!!!

If there´s a DC-3, 5 or 10 popping up in Germany for a reasonable price around X-mas it´s gonna be mine!

Wish I bought that DC5 from Craigslist for $500 in mint condition. Hesitated, 45 minute drive. One day later, it was, obviously, GONE. Maybe sold for even less,.,,, **** it.

I know I am glad monsta tone sold me one of his dc5's it is a sweet amp, I know it had mods done and such and I love it. It will be my sons when I am warm food

Dbyer1 said:
I know I am glad monsta tone sold me one of his dc5's it is a sweet amp, I know it had mods done and such and I love it.

I think that's the amp I was going to buy, and at the last minute I fell for a Rivera K55 instead. The K55 was a great amp, but I ended up selling it......and wishing I woulda bought M-T's DC5 instead.

I'm trying to scrape up some $$$$$$ now so maybe I can grab a different DC.

More regrets than above, I suppose....I sold my DC-2 last week. Sold it to a friend at work so it definitely went to a good home :D . Guess I'm out of the Cartel too!! :shock:
Oh well...still have my Ace and 4x12 :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back