Rectifiers: Solo 50 vs 3 ch. Dual and Tripple

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

V!N

Reaction score
Hey lads,

It seems a lot of you here prefer the sound of the two channel Dual and Tripple rectifier heads over the ones with three channels.

So I was wondereing, how do you like the sound of the Solo 50 with still only 2 channels compared to the 3 channel heads ? Is it the same sound with only one shannel less ?
Or does it sound like the two channel dual and tripple rectifiers, albeit less loud.

thanks again ! :)

V!N

They sound fine if you only need 50 watts and don't want tube rectification

To my ears, all amps from the rectifier sound fine, when dialed in corretly. :)

But what I really want to know is, does the sound of the Solo 50 compare to:

A) a 3 ch. dual and tripple rectifier
B) a 2 ch. dual and tripple rectifier
C) none of the above, grab a beer and forget about it

Mesas aren't as widely available over here as they are on you side of the pond, I could really do with some advice from somebody who has heard a lot of heads. :)

I have a Rectoverb combo and have been doing a lot of test driving lately.
Don't forget that cabinet selection is very important when testing out amplifiers.

I feel the ROV has a comperable feel to a 3 ch Dr w/better cleans. I personally prefer the ROV w/ the C90 speaker played with a 2x12 Rectifier Cab. I tried it once w/ a 4x12 straight and didn't like it. The 4x12 may not have been broke in yet though.

I would not rule out a SR or ROV. Especially if availability is limited and you want the rectifier sound. You can always mic.

Good luck

Latest posts

Back