• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate toThe Boogie Board and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

For Sale Dual Rectifier 3ch

The Boogie Board

Help Support The Boogie Board:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For Sale

stlnvet

Reaction score
I'm the second owner. It's always been in a smoke-free home. Works perfectly and the tubes have about 50 hours on them. And yes, it has a suede covering...not sure why šŸ˜‚.
It's also on Reverb if you want to check my past reviews. I'm looking for $1300+100 shipping.
Dual Rectifier

Attachments

• 20230124_033906.jpg
    20230124_033906.jpg
    319.6 KB · Views: 7
  • 20230124_033944.jpg
    20230124_033944.jpg
    337.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230124_034010.jpg
    20230124_034010.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230124_034046.jpg
    20230124_034046.jpg
    199.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230124_034056.jpg
    20230124_034056.jpg
    272.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230124_034304.jpg
    20230124_034304.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 0
Hey, just wanted to ask a few questions regarding the fx loop... I have a 3 channel triple rec, parallel loop. That thing is a demon to work with. Did you use the fx loop in yours at all? If so, what settings for send/mix and output did you find worked best? Thanks

Just get a tech to do the mod to a series loop, it's pretty easy to do from what I understand. I wouldn't touch the inside of an amp myself as I like to live! I had mine modded when he did another mod. Didn't cost much at all and he knows how not to die....

yes very simple to mod the loop, it will take a competent tech way more time to remove and reinstall the chassis than it will to complete the actual mod

My $0.02

My first Mesa was a 2001 Triple Rectifier. I started with a few Boss pedals in the loop for a couple of years but was never happy with how they performed. I blamed the pedals and tried other brands, even bought a TC G-Major, which was an improvement, but the amp always sounded ā€˜weakerā€™ with the FX loop switched in. I tried using the EQ in the G-Major to tweak things but it always just made matters worse (which I now know is because of using an EQ in a parallel FX loop). I was also not happy that the noise gate in the G-Major was useless in a parallel loop, and any pitch & modulation effects always sounded weird. I found myself constantly fiddling with knobs and settings.

That all changed in 2007 when I bought my Roadster. Same G-Major, but now in a series FX Loop. I still use that same G-Major today with the Roadster and TC-100.

The owners manual is always a good resource. Start with the FX send at about 11:00 and keep your channel master settings conservative. I never went above 10:00 in channel 3 Modern.

In the end I think you would be much happier with a series FX Loop. With the money I spent trying different pedals I could have just had the amp modded. Even a ā€˜high endā€™ unit like the G-Major couldnā€™t fix the cons of a parallel FX loop for the average musician.

Dom

My $0.02

My first Mesa was a 2001 Triple Rectifier. I started with a few Boss pedals in the loop for a couple of years but was never happy with how they performed. I blamed the pedals and tried other brands, even bought a TC G-Major, which was an improvement, but the amp always sounded ā€˜weakerā€™ with the FX loop switched in. I tried using the EQ in the G-Major to tweak things but it always just made matters worse (which I now know is because of using an EQ in a parallel FX loop). I was also not happy that the noise gate in the G-Major was useless in a parallel loop, and any pitch & modulation effects always sounded weird. I found myself constantly fiddling with knobs and settings.

That all changed in 2007 when I bought my Roadster. Same G-Major, but now in a series FX Loop. I still use that same G-Major today with the Roadster and TC-100.

The owners manual is always a good resource. Start with the FX send at about 11:00 and keep your channel master settings conservative. I never went above 10:00 in channel 3 Modern.

In the end I think you would be much happier with a series FX Loop. With the money I spent trying different pedals I could have just had the amp modded. Even a ā€˜high endā€™ unit like the G-Major couldnā€™t fix the cons of a parallel FX loop for the average musician.

Dom
At this point I think I am going to get the mod done. I have tried using boss pedals, and currently have a g major 2, and that loop has been nothing short of a complete nightmare.

Thank you for the advice.

Back